Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AIWB Belts...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Beltman has been great for me. I have two and they are top quality.

https://www.thebeltman.net/collections/gunbelts
    I have 4 belts from The Belt Man and love them all. 2 for work and 2 for everyday wear. The last belt I got from them was 3-4 years ago and its still in great shape. I think the oldest one is a 1.5" everyday wear belt that I wear 3-4 days a week for everything from doing yard work in 95 degree weather to hunting to around town. It's been completely soaked with sweat and still holds it's shape. I also have an Ares Gear belt and while they are very nice belts and I have worn them to a lot of classes my Belt Man belts get about 95% of the wear. Mainly because they fit my lifestyle. The Ares Gear belts are great belts so they would be my 2nd choice.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Full disclosure - I designed this belt and am affiliated with this company - if this is taken as an ad, please delete.

I tried most of the belts mentioned in this thread, did reviews of twl volunds and a wilderness instructor. They are good but for AIWB there is a very specific need for a particular type or design.

When I was designing the Megingjord - https://vdevgru.com/products/megingjord - I wanted to take into consideration the things I learned from first hand experience carrying aiwb on duty. Comfort was important but application is more important. I found that I didn't want a "halo" effect that thick or hard belts create. They are good for owb or maybe strong side carry. But for AIWB a thick belt is not only overkill it's just not needed. Also thick belts don't move with you.
    I have one of these belts and really do like it for AIWB. The different thicknesses and materials help a great deal when both sitting and moving.

I also carry a knife horizontally at 11 o'clock, and the more flexible material makes that significantly easier to do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been wearing this belt and this belt only for the past 21 months. AIWB, IWB & OWB. I have taken 7 pistol classes and traveled overseas with just this belt. Pros: It does an outstanding job of supporting the weight of my guns (1911 mostly but G19 and P10C) and spare mags. The easiest belt to adjust. Different guns and different positions on the body are no problem. It goes from range to business meeting, one belt. Looks, feels and is built with quality. Cons: For me, zero. For some it may be price or that it is made in China. This is not cheap quality Chinese crap so that part is not a factor anymore for me. The price is more than some, less than others but for a belt that I have worn every day with a firearm and that looks this good, it was well worth the couple of extra bucks.

http://www.ratchetgunbelt.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have one of these belts and really do like it for AIWB. The different thicknesses and materials help a great deal when both sitting and moving.

I also carry a knife horizontally at 11 o'clock, and the more flexible material makes that significantly easier to do.
    Thanks.

It was important that absolutely everything about this belt was sourced, compiled and manufactured in the US. Nothing about this belt comes from outside the US, not the materials, not the labor, nothing

One of the other aspects which I made sure went into this belt was the experience based build of it. I know exactly what it means to carry a pistol for 16+hr a day in a duty capacity and I wanted a belt built directly along those lines. This is the only logical way a belt can be made to provide the best comfort and reduce all "halo" issues which come from traditional gun belts.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Thank you everyone for your recommendations. I decided against the Blue Alpha Gear after looking at the features on the VDevGru Megingjord (that's a mouthful). I've been wearing it today, and I am please so far.

No clue on the ETA of the Emissary, but I'll update when it arrives.

Feedback Score
    I have and regularly run Boxer Tac, SOE and Mean Gene. All good belts that are probably going to outlast me.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    I’ve veen using a nexbelt gun belt for work (business casual) and aiwb where the belt may show. It also carries a shield better (less bulk/low profile buckle) than my wilderness tactical.

My first one lasted 3 years, and my new one is much stiffer(but still not too stiff) and fells more durable. Highly recommended and decent price too.

Edit, the buckle I got is no longer available, but they have “normal” looking options.
    https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/leather-gun-belts
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-19-18 at 06:56.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Full disclosure - I designed this belt and am affiliated with this company - if this is taken as an ad, please delete.

I tried most of the belts mentioned in this thread, did reviews of twl volunds and a wilderness instructor. They are good but for AIWB there is a very specific need for a particular type or design.

When I was designing the Megingjord - https://vdevgru.com/products/megingjord - I wanted to take into consideration the things I learned from first hand experience carrying aiwb on duty. Comfort was important but application is more important. I found that I didn't want a "halo" effect that thick or hard belts create. They are good for owb or maybe strong side carry. But for AIWB a thick belt is not only overkill it's just not needed. Also thick belts don't move with you.

Looks interesting, I'm going to have to check one these out.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I also have one of your belts and love it. I’ve chased many belts over the past 10 years of serious CCW and this is the most comfortable belt I’ve worn with a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Agreed on all counts, even the knife.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    I also have one of your belts and love it. I’ve chased many belts over the past 10 years of serious CCW and this is the most comfortable belt I’ve worn with a holster.
    Glad to hear it.

I am working on an article covering some modern CCW belt myths (like the HALO effect), that covers why an AIWB belt needs to be different and how a belt used for overt carrying (like a police duty rig) needs to be even more different. There are a lot of various concepts that go into belt considerations, the easiest thing to understand is that every specific carry type/position requires a specific set of equipment. One size does not fit all, one material will not work for everyone. Anyone telling you that is either inexperienced or deceiving you for profit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast