Page 56 of 89 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    I have the 11.5” cqb barrel that I bought for 50/50 suppressed use. With an A5H2 buffer, unsuppressed, it would short stroke about every 3-4 rounds using 556 ammo (M193 and Black Hills RRLP). This was in 90 degree weather. I dropped down to an A5H0 and it runs good unsuppressed. I Have a Sandman S on it now and it runs very good suppressed.
    I kinda wish the gas port was slightly larger so I could just run one buffer. The Sandman doesn’t add too much back pressure so I think I would have been fine with a standard port.
    Did you find it how does it cycle suppressed with the A5H0?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Did you find it how does it cycle suppressed with the A5H0?
    I didn’t put a lot of rounds with the suppressor and H0 buffer. It cycled fine but I can feel it cycling harder.

Without the suppressor I did have the gun fail to lock back on an empty mag a few times with the lighter A5H0 buffer. The only thing that concerned me is that it was 90+ degrees that day so in colder weather I don’t know how well it will function unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    I didn’t put a lot of rounds with the suppressor and H0 buffer. It cycled fine but I can feel it cycling harder.

Without the suppressor I did have the gun fail to lock back on an empty mag a few times with the lighter A5H0 buffer. The only thing that concerned me is that it was 90+ degrees that day so in colder weather I don’t know how well it will function unsuppressed.
    That's interesting. I ran Fiocchi 223 and Norma 223 and they locked back unsuppressed. Neither of those loading, esp the Fiocchi, are 5.56 pressure. I'm also running a standard carbine spring and H buffer, which I believe to be less forgiving than the A5 system. I wonder if several hundred rounds would wear in the new parts enough to change things.

Feedback Score
    It’s not really a home defense gun so I’m not that concerned about it. I’ll probably run it suppressed 90% of the time anyway.

Feedback Score
    Have the 12.5s started shipping yet?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Have the 12.5s started shipping yet?
    No
    I was told next week.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, next week.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Clint is there anything you can comment on regarding the report that Sniperfrog made on your 11.5” on the last page?

I really want to try your barrel mainly due to the profile and potential better accuracy, but if it’s on the ragged edge of reliability (when unsuppressed) then I’m not sure that’s something I can accept. Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Clint is there anything you can comment on regarding the report that Sniperfrog made on your 11.5” on the last page?

I really want to try your barrel mainly due to the profile and potential better accuracy, but if it’s on the ragged edge of reliability (when unsuppressed) then I’m not sure that’s something I can accept. Any thoughts?
    I went out and shot 20 more rounds through mine. The last five rounds were PMC Bronze. I shot a mag of three rapid fire with a solid hold and a mag of two with a loose hold, everything locked back. Next time I go out, I'll take an H2 buffer, brand new spring, and a few types of ammo and do a little more playing with it, but I am not able to replicate sniperfrog's results. I do know different setups behave differently.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you want to try a A5H4 I think you'll need to purchase that one specifically, as I think it is the only one with a drilled tungsten weight for the bias spring. When I eventually convert to A5 that's what I'll do, then use steel weights from old CAR buffers to downgrade as needed.

Page 56 of 89 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast