Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Clint, I just took delivery of an 11.5" Optimum SBT barrel and...

Attachment 60355

... it's just...*sniff*... bee yoo tee full! A good friend ordered it for me as a Christmas present. (Thanks Cory!)

I'm going to use this barrel to build an upper with an LPV optic as a Walkabout Varmint Popper (among other things).

Can you tell me where I can get a tapered endcap for my Silencerco Omega?

The following places have tapered mount end caps for the Omega 300: https://www.silencershop.com/accesso.../q-plan-b.html

https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan...d-suppressors/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I should have been more clear- I want a direct thread tapered end cap.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We're not aware of any tapered direct thread to Omega adapter on the market currently.

We do offer a version of this barrel (SB) that has 1/2-28 threads and a square shoulder for maximum compatibility.

That might work better for you.

Clint, I just took delivery of an 11.5" Optimum SBT barrel and...

Attachment 60355

... it's just...*sniff*... bee yoo tee full! A good friend ordered it for me as a Christmas present. (Thanks Cory!)

I'm going to use this barrel to build an upper with an LPV optic as a Walkabout Varmint Popper (among other things).

Can you tell me where I can get a tapered endcap for my Silencerco Omega?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    ...We do offer a version of this barrel (SB) that has 1/2-28 threads and a square shoulder for maximum compatibility...
    Now, where would the fun be in that?

I appreciate the offer, but I'll figure out something
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You can get the Sig suppressors and the Q suppressors (some models) in direct mount with the same 25 degree taper... Might be the perfect match. Am I helping...?
    Last edited by MQ105; 01-18-20 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    Closest option would be the Plan-B by Q, but that would require you to use the Cherry Bomb brake, which sort of defeats the purpose.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I should have been more clear- I want a direct thread tapered end cap.
    I’d hit up Diversified Machine or Ecco and see if they can cut one for you.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-22-20 at 07:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey guys, sorry for a lame first post (I normally live over on WEVO), but I’m trying to get some clarification. Been looking long and hard at the 14.5” medium barrel and am looking for accuracy numbers. I’ve prowled the thread and, assuming I’ve got the right data for the right barrels, it looks like the med contour barrels are capable of about 3/4 MOA? Just curious if this is cherry picked data or an average, and if it’s cherry picked, how many rounds was that group?

The barrel contour and velocity boost are appealing, but I ran across a sweet deal on a Noveske (John era) Afghan that’s managed to confuse the issue for me.

Also, slightly related. I saw there was some interest in figuring out what other barrel length/profiles everyone was interested in. While I can’t really offer anything there, I, and speaking only for myself here, would be interested in a titanium version of the microtune gas block. I’ve only got Ti gas blocks, I like that they’re marginally lighter and give a better gas seal, but the SLR Ti adjustable (which I have and paid full price for) is crazy $$$ and obviously still has moving parts.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    It might be cherry picking for me to look at how my 16" med contour barrel did with one particular load and call it a 3/4" gun. With my hotter 77gr TMK loads I average 1.1" at 100y for five, 5-shot groups, and I usually throw in one or two bad shots that are included in the average. I believe I averaged 1.04" with Nosler 77gr CCs last time. I am inclined to believe these barrels do well, and mine would probably do better with a true precision shooter behind it. For my philosophy of throwing together MOAish loads and ringing steel out to 800, the barrel does very well.

Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast