Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I like everything 1168 said.

Question for you (1168) though: A URX4 8.5” would not work with a 9” barrel, or is that because of your suppressor choice?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    12.5” with optimized gas system length (mid length?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    ^with the polygonal rifling I wonder if the velocity wouldn't be approaching standard 14.5" bbl velocities.
    I have a polygonal rifled 14.5” stainless barrel that chronos as fast or faster than typical 16” chrome lined barrels. But, given the amount of variation between different barrels of the same length, I might have simply gotten lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I like everything 1168 said.

Question for you (1168) though: A URX4 8.5” would not work with a 9” barrel, or is that because of your suppressor choice?
    It might work with some direct thread cans or a Flaming Pig. Not sure. Definitely won’t work with any QD cans that I’m aware of, and certainly not mine.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I have a polygonal rifled 14.5” stainless barrel that chronos as fast or faster than typical 16” chrome lined barrels. But, given the amount of variation between different barrels of the same length, I might have simply gotten lucky.
    I don't think you got lucky. Post #81 in this thread supports it with Clint's data. My chronograph data does as well, but the 14" had a suppressor on, and that may skew the results. I believe John Noveske used to state that his polygonal 12.5"(?) barrels were giving 14.5" Colt barrel velocity.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I would love to see an 11.5” and a 12.5” barrel with a light weight profile BUT in a Remington 700 taper.

So a pretty heavy profile right off the barrel extension and then tapered to a pencil profile at the muzzle.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Christmas Sale!
    Free Shipping over $100 with Coupon Code SHIP100
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm over it...

I've tried the following muzzle devices:

A2
    YHM Dual Port suppressor mount
    Surefire Pro Comp
    Surefire War Comp
    Surefire Muzzle brake (not even sure why i tried this, i just had it on the bench)
    Lantac Dragon
    AAC Flash Hider
    PWS FSC 556 Gen 2.
    VG6 Epsilon

Ive tried the following buffers and springs:

A5 w/ H0, H1, H2, H3.
    Standard CAR extension w/ Sprinco blue spring and H, H2, and H3.

Ive shot the gun with the following BCG's:

LMT Enhanced
    Bootleg Adjustable
    Aim surplus light weight carrier
    Fail Zero milspecish full weight auto carrier

Ive tried the following gas blocks:

Standard BRT pinned block
    Superlative arms Adjustable.

I cant make this thing shoot the way I want it to. My buddies simple Faxon 16 inch pencil shoots softer and smoother than this thing. I finally was able to tune out the push to the right with the War Comp but the dot oscillates way too much and the recoil impulse is anything but smooth. I'm supremely disappointed with this as I find shooting my 86 dollar on sale 10.5 inch Rosco barrel easier than this thing. Its not an apples to apples comparison but any 10.5 inch barrel should be a BITCH to handle compared to a 16 inch middle. Shit, this thing should be even smoother given that its got an even longer gas system.

Also, this is the first gun that ive made a war comp ring on. The ringing is HILARIOUSLY loud. There's gotta be something with Harmonics here that just isn't working. The upper was properly built, torqued appropriately and has all top shelf components.

Ammo used is Wolf Gold and random stuff from work on stripper clips, probably federal.

Bummed to say the least.
    Last edited by Magsz; 12-16-19 at 19:02.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Magz- do you run anything on your rail? Soft panels, rubber mlok covers, etc? I notice a slight ringing with my Warcomp but nothing compared to my Vortex.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    OPTIMUM SB / SBT
    Do you think these will be shipping before the new year ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Magz- do you run anything on your rail? Soft panels, rubber mlok covers, etc? I notice a slight ringing with my Warcomp but nothing compared to my Vortex.
    Yessir! BCM Rail Covers.

I'm used to the tuning fork sensation on most flash hiders but ive never had a War Comp ring before.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast