Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A picture of the SB test upper and some fired brass.

There are 3 cases fired unsuppressed from an LPR upper mixed in.

The rest are from the SB prototype barrel suppressed.

As you can see, they are relatively clean for suppressed.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Another plug for my Optimum 16" barrel. Wanted to focus on irons and zero with green tip. Conditions were overcast but I'm happy with a 1" 10-rd group monopoding off the mag. 49 yards, green tip, and irons:
    Attachment 59561
    Attachment 59562
    3889 rounds. Running it with the A5H2, E-carrier, and WarComp gives a very smooth impulse that tracks pretty flat without unpleasant blast. Ejection is at 4:00 with green tip, if that matters.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 11-10-19 at 09:31. Reason: Can't figure out the pictures to save my life.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    After seeing a Pic on your website, I am curious if you are you planning to offer at some point in the future, a covert comp with OD threads and a tapered shoulder that is compatable with the Q Plan B suppressor mount or the Griffin Armament Taper Mount PLAN-A adapter ?

https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net...1148457993.jpg
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-10-19 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We have... PLANs...

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    After seeing a Pic on your website, I am curious if you are you planning to offer at some point in the future, a covert comp with OD threads and a tapered shoulder that is compatible with the Q Plan B suppressor mount or the Griffin Armament Taper Mount PLAN-A adapter ?
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Another plug for my Optimum 16" barrel. Wanted to focus on irons and zero with green tip. Conditions were overcast but I'm happy with a 1" 10-rd group monopoding off the mag. 49 yards, green tip, and irons:
    Attachment 59561
    Attachment 59562
    3889 rounds. Running it with the A5H2, E-carrier, and WarComp gives a very smooth impulse that tracks pretty flat without unpleasant blast. Ejection is at 4:00 with green tip, if that matters.
    Lantac e-carrier? Closed or open tined warcomp?
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Lantac e-carrier? Closed or open tined warcomp?
    Short answer: Open tined, but neutrally timed. LMT enhanced carrier, Sionics NP3 cam pin, standard Sionics Bolt. Using Sprinco Green buffer spring.

Subjective notes: Shot 55 more rounds today of full power reloads of 55gr FMJ and 62 gr BTHP, plus M855. In prone or kneeling, irons settle where you started if your fundamentals are good. Best way to describe Aimpoint dot movement: dot seems to hop up and to the right during recoil, and settle back center mass with the bolt closing. (I don't ride the handguard very hard. Don't want to get used to one rifle and overdrive a different one. ) I have a bit of time riding the recoil shot-to-shot with A4s wearing ACOGs doing CQB drills, and it has a fair amount less movement than that. By no means SF brake restriction of movement, but I don't enjoy my SF brake without the can attached. The Rifle does have a SLR AGB, but it turns out to be a pointless addition in hindsight. It's not turned down much, if at all, in case I end up with only lower quality ammo available. It'll cycle PMC. I do think if I hadn't neutrally timed the WarComp that it wouldn't show dot movement to the right. Just a little hop upwards.

Edited to add spring selection.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 11-12-19 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    OPTIMUM SB / SBT
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The more I see 5/8x24 threads on 5.56 barrels, the more I like it. Upsides only...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Short answer: Open tined, but neutrally timed. LMT enhanced carrier, Sionics NP3 cam pin, standard Sionics Bolt. Using Sprinco Green buffer spring.

Subjective notes: Shot 55 more rounds today of full power reloads of 55gr FMJ and 62 gr BTHP, plus M855. In prone or kneeling, irons settle where you started if your fundamentals are good. Best way to describe Aimpoint dot movement: dot seems to hop up and to the right during recoil, and settle back center mass with the bolt closing. (I don't ride the handguard very hard. Don't want to get used to one rifle and overdrive a different one. ) I have a bit of time riding the recoil shot-to-shot with A4s wearing ACOGs doing CQB drills, and it has a fair amount less movement than that. By no means SF brake restriction of movement, but I don't enjoy my SF brake without the can attached. The Rifle does have a SLR AGB, but it turns out to be a pointless addition in hindsight. It's not turned down much, if at all, in case I end up with only lower quality ammo available. It'll cycle PMC. I do think if I hadn't neutrally timed the WarComp that it wouldn't show dot movement to the right. Just a little hop upwards.

Edited to add spring selection.
    Awesome!!!

I'm still chasing perfection with my 16 inch Optimum barrel.

I really want to try and dial out that up and to the right movement in my sight picture. My current favorite is a 10.5 inch adjustable gas suppressed build. Zero up and to the right movement. The dot raises and settles straight back down with a really nice smooth "ker klunk" style recoil impulse/bolt speed.

I can hammer off .11 splits with this thing into a 4 inch circle at 10 yards with no issues. I cant do the same without muscling the shit out of the 16 inch gun. There is a slight weight increase with the suppressed gun over the 16 inch gun in the ballpark of about six ounces.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    have you stopped producing 14" barrels?

Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast