Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, these will be offered on a regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Clint, do you intend to keep making those long term? I ask because I’m not scheduled to replace any of my current barrels for about a year.
    We'll see. The mixed use configurations work really really well. The dedicated configurations are awesome, but don't have the same flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Any plans for a CL CHF 12.5 mid for full time suppressor use? I’ll take two of those, one with a FSB.
    Un-vex theyself. There remains but a single one...
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I’ve not built anything in a while but, man, that CHF 11.5 is vexing me. Please tell me a restock is coming soon.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll have to keep a lookout for a 12.5". Might cancel my Criterion Backorder if you guys get them out before that barrel comes.

Feedback Score
    Awesome that you now have the HF CL barrels!

Do you plan on any 16'' in that configuration? the 14.5 looks good, but would prefer not to pin/weld

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes and Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Awesome that you now have the HF CL barrels!

Do you plan on any 16'' in that configuration? the 14.5 looks good, but would prefer not to pin/weld
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So I finally have over 100 rounds through my 16" MPR.

The gas system really is pretty great. It feels very soft with the same full power M193 that made another tube feel over gassed. It also locks back no problem on wolf steel cased even with a H2 buffer. I have only shot it in 70-90* so I can't comment on cold weather performance, but given my AO thats not really a concern. As for accuracy, I was getting some really wonky performance trying to get an initial zero with M193 at 50 yards. I tried some other HPBT 55 gr frontier and also didn't get good results. I finally swapped to 77gr and 75 gr reloads and gots some decent groups. It seems this tube also prefers the heavy loads. I haven't measured anything yet cause I really want to give the barrel 500 rounds before I make an opinion.

Overall though I think the balance is good, and it should soak up the heat from games that my 21 Oz barrel couldn't handle. Im impressed with the gas system and really looking forward to shooting it all next season. First impressions are solid.

@Clint- Do you recommend spring Co buffers springs? If so what color would best match my ext gas system? My buffer spring is getting short, so I'm either gonna replace it, or thought I might give something new a try.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks for the great report!

Our barrels are designed for mil-spec type springs, so standard or slightly stronger replacements should be used.

Sprinco makes a nice spring and a WHITE or HOT-WHITE would generally be best.

Very strong springs like RED or Super 42 are generally too much.

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    So I finally have over 100 rounds through my 16" MPR.

The gas system really is pretty great. It feels very soft with the same full power M193 that made another tube feel over gassed. It also locks back no problem on wolf steel cased even with a H2 buffer. I have only shot it in 70-90* so I can't comment on cold weather performance, but given my AO thats not really a concern. As for accuracy, I was getting some really wonky performance trying to get an initial zero with M193 at 50 yards. I tried some other HPBT 55 gr frontier and also didn't get good results. I finally swapped to 77gr and 75 gr reloads and gots some decent groups. It seems this tube also prefers the heavy loads. I haven't measured anything yet cause I really want to give the barrel 500 rounds before I make an opinion.

Overall though I think the balance is good, and it should soak up the heat from games that my 21 Oz barrel couldn't handle. Im impressed with the gas system and really looking forward to shooting it all next season. First impressions are solid.

@Clint- Do you recommend spring Co buffers springs? If so what color would best match my ext gas system? My buffer spring is getting short, so I'm either gonna replace it, or thought I might give something new a try.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Thanks for the great report!

Our barrels are designed for mil-spec type springs, so standard or slightly stronger replacements should be used.

Sprinco makes a nice spring and a WHITE or HOT-WHITE would generally be best.

Very strong springs like RED or Super 42 are generally too much.
    Yeah, I've found a Sprinco Blue with an H2 run really well across the board for those not using Vltor A5 kit. Your barrels are the opposite of finicky. Shockingly rare trouble for how well you manage the gas. Never had a single issue with mine, including steel cased as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bufford, you say a blue spring runs fine in your 16" brt tube? I was thinking on trying the white hot, but might give the blue a shot if you say it works. Im trying to get some spicy 77gr loads, but need it to at least function on steel cause right now beggars can't be choosers.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve found these barrels to eat happily with White, Hot White, and Colt springs with H1 and H2 buffers. I found the Blue to be a bit much. After all, its ported appropriately, so why apply the standard range of solutions for overgassing?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I run a BCM/Milspec carbine spring and H2 buffer with a 16" Light Optimum - no drama or issues.

I prefer to run the same "wearout" parts in as many ARs as possible, so have not experimented (or needed to) with the barrel. It just works.

Andy

Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast