Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For everyone who missed them the first time, BRT OPTIMUM 14.5 MPC barrels are also available for pre-order along with the 16" versions posted previously.

BRT OPTIMUM MPC 14.5" MID

Coupon code PRE will score you a complimentary Micro Pin Gas block.

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Attachment 55612

14" mid-length build. Just a beauty queen report so far. I'll add the MRO at the range since it's on my primary, and replace the LMT front sight later. D.Wilson Manufacturing did the P&W, door to door was a week. I was hoping to shoot it in the -14 degree weather, but strep came to visit. Weighs in at approx 7# according to a Lyman trigger gauge.

I'll have the MPR build up later.
    Suppressor finally came in, and I was able to shoot it unsuppressed and suppressed for comparison. Unsuppressed, it shoots exceptionally smooth, if not obnoxiously loud due to the muzzle brake and ejects 55gr Wold Gold empties at 4:30ish. Wearing a SF 556 SOCOM RC, it ejects the empties at 2:30-3:00 and still feels smooth. I hope to get a few hundred more rounds through by June, but I'm pretty happy with the minimal functional impact from unsuppressed to suppressed.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Suppressor finally came in, and I was able to shoot it unsuppressed and suppressed for comparison. Unsuppressed, it shoots exceptionally smooth, if not obnoxiously loud due to the muzzle brake and ejects 55gr Wold Gold empties at 4:30ish. Wearing a SF 556 SOCOM RC, it ejects the empties at 2:30-3:00 and still feels smooth. I hope to get a few hundred more rounds through by June, but I'm pretty happy with the minimal functional impact from unsuppressed to suppressed.
    Excellent.

Which buffer? A5H2?
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Excellent.

Which buffer? A5H2?
    Yes, coupled with a Sprinco Green spring. I may try an A5H3 for comparison as the rifle's primary function to to be suppressed, but I'm certainly happy with it as is. Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Clint, not sure if you have already covered this somewhere, but what buffers do you recommend with the lightweight 16” midlength+ barrel. I’m about to complete two lowers for it, one carbine, one A5. Carbine lower has a sprinco blue. A5 lower will use a standard spring. Muzzle device is a 1815 flash hider, and I have a full mass bcg. Ammo it MUST function with is Fusion MSR. I also shoot a lot of proper 556 ammo. Edit: this rifle will never wear a suppressor. I have shorter guns for that.

Btw, my midweight 14” barrel continues to function reliably with 5.56 ammo such as M855 using H1, H2, and rifle buffers. Runs great and recoils like a .22 Hornet. I live in a warm place, so I’m not sure if it proves anything. But I’m a very happy customer. I’ve not cleaned anything in that rifle yet. Approximately 1,000 rnds.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds like its running great.

We did some testing where the heavier buffer showed less ejection angle change suppressed than the lighter buffer.

The heavier buffer may smooth out the feel and is worth a try if you wanted to see.

Yes, coupled with a Sprinco Green spring. I may try an A5H3 for comparison as the rifle's primary function to to be suppressed, but I'm certainly happy with it as is. Suggestions?
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Clint, not sure if you have already covered this somewhere, but what buffers do you recommend with the lightweight 16” midlength+ barrel. I’m about to complete two lowers for it, one carbine, one A5. Carbine lower has a sprinco blue. A5 lower will use a standard spring. Muzzle device is a 1815 flash hider, and I have a full mass bcg. Ammo it MUST function with is Fusion MSR. I also shoot a lot of proper 556 ammo. Edit: this rifle will never wear a suppressor. I have shorter guns for that.

Btw, my midweight 14” barrel continues to function reliably with 5.56 ammo such as M855 using H1, H2, and rifle buffers. Runs great and recoils like a .22 Hornet. I live in a warm place, so I’m not sure if it proves anything. But I’m a very happy customer. I’ve not cleaned anything in that rifle yet. Approximately 1,000 rnds.
    I am sure Clint will step in, but I have used both A5H2 and Carbine H2 buffers with my light 16 Optimum barrel with standard (BCM) rifle and carbine action springs. The A5H2 was on a borrowed lower from my rifle and the new and dedicated lower has a carbine RE/H2.

My 16" Optimum has been flawless with a variety of factory 5.56 and .223 as well as modest handloads. Caveats are that I have not run it very dirty and I only shot a couple hundred rounds with the A5H2.

Andy

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The 16" EXT gas system runs really well with a wide range of buffers from CAR-H to Rifle including the A5H0-A5H2.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I am sure Clint will step in, but I have used both A5H2 and Carbine H2 buffers with my light 16 Optimum barrel with standard (BCM) rifle and carbine action springs. The A5H2 was on a borrowed lower from my rifle and the new and dedicated lower has a carbine RE/H2.

My 16" Optimum has been flawless with a variety of factory 5.56 and .223 as well as modest handloads. Caveats are that I have not run it very dirty and I only shot a couple hundred rounds with the A5H2.

Andy
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    Well,

I finally took the plunge. I ordered the SPR barrel with a pinned gas block. I also ordered a Sons of Liberty NOX to pair with the barrel.

I'm very excited to get this build underway.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm checking interest in an 11.5" barrel with a taper at the end for a direct thread suppressor (Sig, Q as examples). It may be possible for BRT to make a run if there is enough interest. Post here or PM me if interested. Thank you.
    Last edited by MQ105; 04-28-19 at 15:10.

Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast