Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks. Not sure if I'm going with that rail, but it's very inexpensive and a good way to test out whether I want to go this route.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Which suppressor are you looking to pair this with?

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I'm really interested in building an SBR with a suppressor that ends up being about the same length as my 16" carbines...
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Which suppressor are you looking to pair this with?
    I'm new to the whole suppressor world, but right now I'm looking at the Sandman S or Sandman Ti.

The rifle I am building with your 16" MPR and covert comp comes in at roughly 18" long and 34 ounces or so, plus about 4 ounces of rail, for a total of 38 ounces. .

The 9" PDW barrel, plus Keymount + Sandman Ti equals right at 17.5" and 38 ounces. Front sight will be further back as well.. so I think it will balance great.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I'm new to the whole suppressor world, but right now I'm looking at the Sandman S or Sandman Ti.

The rifle I am building with your 16" MPR and covert comp comes in at roughly 18" long and 34 ounces or so, plus about 4 ounces of rail, for a total of 38 ounces. .

The 9" PDW barrel, plus Keymount + Sandman Ti equals right at 17.5" and 38 ounces. Front sight will be further back as well.. so I think it will balance great.
    Sandman Ti is direct thread. If your looking to use the Keymount, you want the Sandman S.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Sandman Ti is direct thread. If your looking to use the Keymount, you want the Sandman S.
    Thanks. I missed that. An S is likely where I'll go. I want ease of moving from one rifle to the next quickly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Shot my 16” BRT light barrel today. 86 rounds Precision One 62gr 5.56, 100 rounds P One 55gr .223, 10 rounds Fusion MSR for lock back testing. Zero stoppages with H2 and Sprinco Blue. 100% lock back on empties. 75F, rainy. Recoil was noticeably more than my 14” midweight BRT, but the muzzle stayed tight to the targets hammering triples. It currently wears a FCD 1815 flash hider. Swings between targets like a light barrel should. I’m using a URX4. Very fast transitions, and very fast splits. I bet it’ll be a total pussycat on one of my A1 rifle style lowers.

This rifle is going to see a lot of use, but the 14” midweight is my favorite of the two. Might be my favorite rifle, overall. The 16” light is probably my favorite 16” rifle, so far. We’ll see if thats still true in a few thousand. I just need a flashlight for it now.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    The 14" barrel made me a believer in the P&W. If I didn't already have the 16" LW, I'd build a second 14.5" P&W if there was a LW 14.5". I never thought it'd matter, but I really notice and appreciate the shorter overall length. I do wonder if a LW 14.5" would feel like a pogo stick, though. I still need to get my pistol build done.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    The 14" barrel made me a believer in the P&W. If I didn't already have the 16" LW, I'd build a second 14.5" P&W if there was a LW 14.5". I never thought it'd matter, but I really notice and appreciate the shorter overall length. I do wonder if a LW 14.5" would feel like a pogo stick, though. I still need to get my pistol build done.
    I feel like the14” MPR is really at home on a registered SBR with an A2 length flash suppressor, like the 6315. Its pretty much the shortest barrel that is safe on a 13” URX4.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Curious whether or not there's anything you can share that quantifies your claim that the gas system lengths and port sizes are "optimized" for each barrel length? Very interesting product line that I feel may address what I think is the root of of all evil on the M4 platform (gas drive). Maybe something worth fiddle ****ing around with if they were so inclined.

We start with very specific relationships for the gas system and barrel length to set the overall timing.

The gas system length also determines the available Gas Drive for that barrel length.

The initial gas port size is calculated from the numerical models to produce the total Gas Drive, both suppressed and un-suppressed.

By the way, the proper Gas Drive for all possible configurations varies by only +/- 10%.

The final gas port size is verified through extensive testing using a range of buffer weights and ammo in a variety of conditions and situations.

Post #7 hits the highlights of the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Barrel and Gas System Lengths Explained
    16" EXT - The obvious general purpose length that needs no further explanation.
    The EXT gas system certainly deserves some attention.
    The Mid length gas system replicates the same "Power Time" as a 20" Rifle when used on a 16" barrel.
    At first glance, this seems to be the correct approach, but duplicating one parameter at the expense of others leaves much to be desired.

A better approach is to scale the relevant timing parameters to keep everything in proportion.
    Using this methodology, we developed the EXT gas system to be an OPTIMUM match for 16" barrels.
    The EXT length is longer than Mid length but shorter than Rifle length.
    This results in the widest operational envelope and the highest reliability possible.

9.0" PDW - A BRT exclusive that smashes the conventional wisdom of a 10.5" minimum length for "serious use".
    That conventional wisdom is true, but based on a Carbine length gas system.
    We created the PDW length gas system to handle a range of very short barrels and alternative calibers by splitting the difference between existing Carbine and Pistol lengths.
    A 9" barrel and the PDW gas system are a perfect match in 5.56/.223.
    One can see the results of these proportions when viewing the whole family together.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WEK207 View Post
    Well,

I finally took the plunge. I ordered the SPR barrel with a pinned gas block. I also ordered a Sons of Liberty NOX to pair with the barrel.

I'm very excited to get this build underway.
    Still waiting on my barrel to ship.

In the meantime, the SOLGW NOX arrived. I didn't realize the ports weren't neutral and are timed for a righty so it will be going back. Instead, I ordered a Forward Controls 6310. I've been very happy with Roger's parts and flash hiders and I have no doubt this will be just as good. I ordered at 6:00 this morning and had tracking a bit over 3 hours later.

Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast