Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The NOX can be timed any way you wish. If you want it neutral, time it that way. Just sayin'...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will you be offering 300 BO barrels?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    The NOX can be timed any way you wish. If you want it neutral, time it that way. Just sayin'...
    I guess I should clarify. Of course you can time any muzzle device any way you want. Whether it was designed that way is another matter.

In the case of the NOX, one of the three tines is much wider than the other two, which would be the tine at the 6 o'clock position. This leaves the ports positioned in favor of right-handed shooters. Timing the ports to be neutral would leave one of the gaps between tines at the 6 o'clock position-not something I'd be interested in doing.

Do you own a NOX? How is yours timed?

Back on track: I was hoping my barrel would ship today but no dice. It was supposed to ship yesterday but that ship sailed as well.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Shot my 16” BRT light barrel today. 86 rounds Precision One 62gr 5.56, 100 rounds P One 55gr .223, 10 rounds Fusion MSR for lock back testing. Zero stoppages with H2 and Sprinco Blue. 100% lock back on empties. 75F, rainy. Recoil was noticeably more than my 14” midweight BRT, but the muzzle stayed tight to the targets hammering triples. It currently wears a FCD 1815 flash hider. Swings between targets like a light barrel should. I’m using a URX4. Very fast transitions, and very fast splits. I bet it’ll be a total pussycat on one of my A1 rifle style lowers.
    Shot another 200 today with 55gr Precision One .223 on one of my A1 rifle style lowers. Regular Colt rifle buffer and spring. No cleaning or relubeing in the first ~400 rounds so far. No stoppages. Every empty 20 rounder locked back. It does heat up quickly, like any other light barrel. Battery achieved smartly with each fresh mag. Mild recoil. Doing drills at 25 yards the muzzle seemed pretty neutral, little to no flip. Almost like a comp. Maybe the 1815, rifle setup, and .223 ammo are all partly responsible for the lack of muzzle movement. I’ll try 5.55 62gr again next time. I’ll also be trying a 6315 soon. I’ll update as I go toward my first 2000 rnds.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WEK207 View Post
    I guess I should clarify. Of course you can time any muzzle device any way you want. Whether it was designed that way is another matter.

In the case of the NOX, one of the three tines is much wider than the other two, which would be the tine at the 6 o'clock position. This leaves the ports positioned in favor of right-handed shooters. Timing the ports to be neutral would leave one of the gaps between tines at the 6 o'clock position-not something I'd be interested in doing.

Do you own a NOX? How is yours timed?
    I have two, and use neutral timing. The gap at 6 is not a big deal to me. With one of the tines at 6, any shooting position other than straight up causes one of the gaps to be oriented toward the ground anyway. Also, I rarely shoot without a suppressor. In fact, if I were to do it again, I would run flash hiders instead of the NOX.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It's possible, but we don't have any immediate plans.

Quote Originally Posted by md66948 View Post
    Will you be offering 300 BO barrels?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback.

That's exactly the kind of performance we expect from our OPTIMUM barrels.

A large part of that result is due to the EXT gas system configuration plus careful attention to the gas port sizing.

Shot my 16” BRT light barrel today. 86 rounds Precision One 62gr 5.56, 100 rounds P One 55gr .223, 10 rounds Fusion MSR for lock back testing. Zero stoppages with H2 and Sprinco Blue. 100% lock back on empties. 75F, rainy. Recoil was noticeably more than my 14” midweight BRT, but the muzzle stayed tight to the targets hammering triples. It currently wears a FCD 1815 flash hider. Swings between targets like a light barrel should. I’m using a URX4. Very fast transitions, and very fast splits. I bet it’ll be a total pussycat on one of my A1 rifle style lowers.
    Shot another 200 today with 55gr Precision One .223 on one of my A1 rifle style lowers. Regular Colt rifle buffer and spring. No cleaning or relubeing in the first ~400 rounds so far. No stoppages. Every empty 20 rounder locked back. It does heat up quickly, like any other light barrel. Battery achieved smartly with each fresh mag. Mild recoil. Doing drills at 25 yards the muzzle seemed pretty neutral, little to no flip. Almost like a comp. Maybe the 1815, rifle setup, and .223 ammo are all partly responsible for the lack of muzzle movement. I’ll try 5.55 62gr again next time. I’ll also be trying a 6315 soon. I’ll update as I go toward my first 2000 rnds.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We've put the OPTIMUM Light and OPTIMUM SPR barrels on sale.

There are only a handful of each left, so grab one before they're gone.

https://www.blackrivertactical.com/c...=0&sort=normal

Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    What are the differences in the 16in Light and LPR barrels?
    LPR weighs less and has different rifling I see.
    Whats the purpose for the differences?

EXT gas system has my attention.
    Last edited by Glockman1968; 05-17-19 at 16:54.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The Light is the original OPTIMUM barrel.

The thread covering it is here

The LPR is an updated version of the light weight profile using the newer blanks and will cover the light weight role moving forward.

The EXT gas system is worthy of attention, as it's the Optimum length for 16" barrels in the same sense as a 20" RIFLE, 14.5 MID or 11.5 CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman1968 View Post
    What are the differences in the 16in Light and LPR barrels?
    LPR weighs less and has different rifling I see.
    Whats the purpose for the differences?

EXT gas system has my attention.
    Black River Tactical

Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast