Double
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Has anyone done accuracy testing with the 11.5?

Trying to decide between these and the Triarc offering...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Not with the 11.5". My 16" LW Optimum, 16"MPR, and 14" BRT mid-length shoot very well.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Not with the 11.5". My 16" LW Optimum, 16"MPR, and 14" BRT mid-length shoot very well.
    Can you quantify that? Less than <1.5MOA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post

Yes. My method of precision testing is averaging five consecutive 5-shot groups, from a 25 round magazine. I do not make exceptions for fliers in my measurements.
    My MPR barrel's best day was .77" average at 100yards with 77gr SMKs loaded over H322 aka the Markm load. I didn't throw any fliers that day, but I really just can't shoot any better.

My 14" mid-length has only ever had an MRO on it, so no precision testing per se. But when I've practiced with it from prone or zeroed it, it has been consistent and tight. I have a bit of time behind these types of setups.

My 16" LW also wears a RDS, but I tested it with some handloads and a factory load a few pages back with a 9 power scope and a precision rifle's lower(SSA-E, etc). I believe it averaged under 1.5MOA, but I'dhave to go back and look... Again, the average was brought up by the quality of the ammo, but the barrel did it's part. I think I posted a 50yard group with green tip while using irons a little while back as well that wasn't bad for green with.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

Yes. My method of precision testing is averaging five consecutive 5-shot groups, from a 25 round magazine. I do not make exceptions for fliers in my measurements.
    My MPR barrel's best day was .77" average at 100yards with 77gr SMKs loaded over H322 aka the Markm load. I didn't throw any fliers that day, but I really just can't shoot any better.

My 14" mid-length has only ever had an MRO on it, so no precision testing per se. But when I've practiced with it from prone or zeroed it, it has been consistent and tight. I have a bit of time behind these types of setups.

My 16" LW also wears a RDS, but I tested it with some handloads and a factory load a few pages back with a 9 power scope and a precision rifle's lower(SSA-E, etc). I believe it averaged under 1.5MOA, but I'dhave to go back and look... Again, the average was brought up by the quality of the ammo, but the barrel did it's part. I think I posted a 50yard group with green tip while using irons a little while back as well that wasn't bad for green tip.

I'm not accusing them of being Krieger barrels, but I think they do very well for their catagory and price point. I have a few buddies with the 16" LW barrels who are also pretty happy.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 01-10-20 at 15:58. Reason: Added info.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post

My 16" LW also wears a RDS, but I tested it with some handloads and a factory load a few pages back with a 9 power scope and a precision rifle's lower(SSA-E, etc). I believe it averaged under 1.5MOA, but I'dhave to go back and look... Again, the average was brought up by the quality of the ammo, but the barrel did it's part. I think I posted a 50yard group with green tip while using irons a little while back as well that wasn't bad for green tip.

I'm not accusing them of being Krieger barrels, but I think they do very well for their catagory and price point. I have a few buddies with the 16" LW barrels who are also pretty happy.
    Thank you for the detailed reply. It’s much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You shouldn't expect any practical difference in accuracy between the two.

Go with the company you like and supports you the best.

Which barrel are you looking at?

Trying to decide between these and the Triarc offering...
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    ...and don't forget our M4Carbine discount.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Clint, I just took delivery of an 11.5" Optimum SBT barrel and...

20200112_105710.jpg

... it's just...*sniff*... bee yoo tee full! A good friend ordered it for me as a Christmas present. (Thanks Cory!)

I'm going to use this barrel to build an upper with an LPV optic as a Walkabout Varmint Popper (among other things).

Can you tell me where I can get a tapered endcap for my Silencerco Omega?
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-12-20 at 13:10.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 43 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast