eta

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    As shown:
    11.5 CAR - 20.5 oz
    12.5 EXC - 21.9 oz
    14.0 MID - 24.0 oz
    ETA? I want that 12.5...

Feedback Score
    I run a lot of cheap range ammo for just blasting stuff like Wolf gold, PMC weather I can find. I got that, a bunch of green tip that should run fine. Lately though Ive been shooting more and more steel case stuff because it was cheaper and ran in my stuff. Also with the way ammo prices could be going and availability who knows, but its probably going to be tough to be really picky about stuff for a while anyway. I like Wolf so thats what I usually get, I dont care for Tula really.

Im looking at the 9 inch PDW barrel, Ive read most of the thread and it looks like you've tested some of the barrels with a little steel case wolf, but also mention that Tula probably wouldn't work well. A cursory look at the wolf site and the tula site seems like they run about the same velocity. Should the wolf run ok or is it something that you dont recommend?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, we run the Wolf pretty regularly in all the test barrels and it works fine.

The 9" PDW barrel runs similar to an 11.5" Carbine and is very forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    I run a lot of cheap range ammo for just blasting stuff like Wolf gold, PMC weather I can find. I got that, a bunch of green tip that should run fine. Lately though Ive been shooting more and more steel case stuff because it was cheaper and ran in my stuff. Also with the way ammo prices could be going and availability who knows, but its probably going to be tough to be really picky about stuff for a while anyway. I like Wolf so thats what I usually get, I dont care for Tula really.

Im looking at the 9 inch PDW barrel, Ive read most of the thread and it looks like you've tested some of the barrels with a little steel case wolf, but also mention that Tula probably wouldn't work well. A cursory look at the wolf site and the tula site seems like they run about the same velocity. Should the wolf run ok or is it something that you dont recommend?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    @clint Any updates on the LW 12.5s that are in the works?
    Last edited by Styer; 05-06-20 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    Restock on the 14" barrels anytime soon?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So what about various 6mm ARC barrels? 12.5 and such for starters with and without gas ports optimized for suppressed. Then other options later such as lighter profile 16-18-20"

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    New lighter barrels are up for pre-order!! ETA mid July

11.5 CAR
    12.5 EXC
    14.0 MID

Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New lighter barrels are up for pre-order!! ETA mid July

11.5 CAR
    12.5 EXC
    14.0 MID

Nice.

Do we know yet what kind of performance might be possible from similar barrels in 6 ARC?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No, we're not looking at 6 ARC just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Nice.

Do we know yet what kind of performance might be possible from similar barrels in 6 ARC?
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    No, we're not looking at 6 ARC just yet.
    If you do get around to messing with one of these alternative, bigger-than-556-but-smaller-than-308 calibers, please consider the CMMG pattern with the larger bolt.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast