Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    No, we're not looking at 6 ARC just yet.
    I know it is brand new and the ink probably isn't even dry on the SAAMI chamber prints yet.

Still, I like what I'm seeing at this point. If the cartridge lives up to even 75% of the hype it will likely be the end of the other 6.x cartridges.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If you do get around to messing with one of these alternative, bigger-than-556-but-smaller-than-308 calibers, please consider the CMMG pattern with the larger bolt.
    Thats a totally proprietary system and I dont even know if they sell the uppers or lowers stripped. Also, and this is just a personal opinion, I think CMMGs stuff is kind of overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I know it is brand new and the ink probably isn't even dry on the SAAMI chamber prints yet.

Still, I like what I'm seeing at this point. If the cartridge lives up to even 75% of the hype it will likely be the end of the other 6.x cartridges.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Happens all the time, new cartridge, best thing since sliced bread, no one buys it ...dead in a couple years. Not saying that will happen with this new one but I completely get why someone would be hesitant to start making parts for it just yet.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have experience with the BRT barrel vs the LaRue pTar barrels as far as accuracy and recoil (gas port correct) goes?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    New lighter barrels are up for pre-order!! ETA mid July

11.5 CAR
    12.5 EXC
    14.0 MID

I may have missed it, but is the 12.5 EXC optimized for suppressed or unsuppressed ?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 01svtL View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the BRT barrel vs the LaRue pTar barrels as far as accuracy and recoil (gas port correct) goes?
    Which BRT barrel?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Which BRT barrel?
    The light weight, I guess. Either 14/14.5 or the 16" The pTar barrel is LaRue's lightweight offering.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    All three of these are setup for general purpose use, including mixed suppressed use.

The 12.5 EXC is the slightly bigger brother to the 11.5 CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I may have missed it, but is the 12.5 EXC optimized for suppressed or unsuppressed ?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 01svtL View Post
    The light weight, I guess. Either 14/14.5 or the 16" The pTar barrel is LaRue's lightweight offering.
    I have 4947 rounds through the BRT 16" LW barrel. It's nimble without being a pencil profile, accurate, and smoothly gassed. The only thing I might do different when I eventually rebarrel this upper is go with the LW 14" BRT barrel and have a WarComp pinned and welded to it. I've been very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Is 1 MOA or better with factory OTM or handloaded OTM ammo a reasonable expectation from these barrels? Looking at the new 12.5”. Although I’m not entirely sure I’ve come around to the idea of a proprietary gas system (tube length).

The Criterion Core would be another potential candidate.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Is 1 MOA or better with factory OTM or handloaded OTM ammo a reasonable expectation from these barrels? Looking at the new 12.5”. Although I’m not entirely sure I’ve come around to the idea of a proprietary gas system (tube length).

The Criterion Core would be another potential candidate.
    I can't venture a guess at how accurate the barrels will be, but my BRT MPR was sub-MOA on good days and 1.1MOA on bad days using OTM and 77gr TMKs. My BRT 16" LW was slightly more than MOA averaged across a handful of loads, and while I've never grouped my 14" BRT barrel, it has been notably accurate. The 14" and 16" MPR barrel also have the same 6P poly-hybrid rifling as the new LW BRT barrels do.

I purchased a 12.5" Criterion Core barrel when they were out of 11.5" barrels and right before the new 11.5 & 12.5 BRT barrels were announced. While I'm happy with the Criterion, I would have held off for the BRT offering on account of the probable velocity gain from the 6P rifling and the slightly lighter profile. For me, accuracy on pistol builds was not my main priority, and my pistol builds wear Aimpoints. I also just order an extra gas tube when I grab the barrel. I was a little apprehensive about proprietary parts at first when I got into the 16" Optimum barrel, but I'm glad I did. There's nowhere local to me that sells the good stuff, so anything I need comes through the mail anyway...

Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast