Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Due to the gas system configuration, there is really no need to "buffer up" or play games.

From mild 223 to hot 556 loads, the barrel cycles them very similarly and just runs without drama.

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Bufford, you say a blue spring runs fine in your 16" brt tube? I was thinking on trying the white hot, but might give the blue a shot if you say it works. Im trying to get some spicy 77gr loads, but need it to at least function on steel cause right now beggars can't be choosers.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Just ordered a 12.5 yesterday. Can’t wait!

Feedback Score
    Good to hear there is another quality option on the table. My last build 2 years ago used a BA Hanson CHF 14.5 on an A5H2 with S co green it runs very well. I've used A5 on pretty much everything, and for this next one I wanted to try the Super 42.

I ordered a 16" MPR QPQ today, which will be paired to a Geissele REBCG and Super 42 H1 (sort of went GA on everything). I've seen reference to this barrel maybe not running great with the Super 42. Are there any anecdotal observations available with this combo? I've got spare tungsten weights, so I can always play around. I am building out my last Mega forged set, and I wanted to stay DDC on everything but the barrel, receivers, and plastics. If I could have found a DDC A5 tube, I might have gone with this. Sounds a bit silly knowing how well the A5 has worked for me in the past, but surely with high quality components I'm not looking at an absolute turd.

This will occasionally run with a Rugged surge, but will mostly be used for a LPVO bipod shooter for varmint, teaching my son basic marksmanship, and fun shooting...
    Last edited by HammeredSole; 09-27-20 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredSole View Post
    Good to hear there is another quality option on the table. My last build 2 years ago used a BA Hanson CHF 14.5 on an A5H2 with S co green it runs very well. I've used A5 on pretty much everything, and for this next one I wanted to try the Super 42.

I ordered a 16" MPR QPQ today, which will be paired to a Geissele REBCG and Super 42 H1 (sort of went GA on everything). I've seen reference to this barrel maybe not running great with the Super 42. Are there any anecdotal observations available with this combo? I've got spare tungsten weights, so I can always play around. I am building out my last Mega forged set, and I wanted to stay DDC on everything but the barrel, receivers, and plastics. If I could have found a DDC A5 tube, I might have gone with this. Sounds a bit silly knowing how well the A5 has worked for me in the past, but surely with high quality components I'm not looking at an absolute turd.

This will occasionally run with a Rugged surge, but will mostly be used for a LPVO bipod shooter for varmint, teaching my son basic marksmanship, and fun shooting...
    Super 42 spring will be too strong. See above posts. They also don't work on Triarc track barrels.

A5 it and forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I Just ordered a white and hot white spring to test in my 16 OPT. I have some other guns to test those springs in too. I'll report back what works and what doesn't.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    So far my 12.5 has performed great. Not a lot of rounds yet due to the current market.

Using an A5H2 it's very flat unsuppressed. Also runs smooth with a Turbo K on the end.

Haven't been able to print any groups yet, just roughly zeroed at 150 yards. Plan to use it in a few matches this winter with the suppressor.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to group on paper and get some chrono data soon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Put together my upper with your 11.5" optimum Hf Cl barrel it is Great. Used 75gr. Hornady Tap 5.56 sbr and Tula 75gr. Worked awesome with both on an A5-0 with a BCM Rifle spring. I love it. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    So I bought both the 11.5" and a 12.5" (Optimums) and can't decide which to use. I only want one "do-it-all" rifle, and then I want to train only with it so I am good with it whether in 3-gun or a tactical carbine class. I want it to be my SHTF / SD / Hunting (if necessary) weapon. I am looking pretty seriously into the YHM Turbo K and will likely run it full time, though it's looking like that will be over a year from now since they aren't even in stock anywhere. Any issue running the 11.5" for all of these? I know 3-gun matches will run out to 400 yards sometimes, though I don't anticipate ever taking a shot that far with it outside of that.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 01svtL View Post
    So I bought both the 11.5" and a 12.5" (Optimums) and can't decide which to use. I only want one "do-it-all" rifle, and then I want to train only with it so I am good with it whether in 3-gun or a tactical carbine class. I want it to be my SHTF / SD / Hunting (if necessary) weapon. I am looking pretty seriously into the YHM Turbo K and will likely run it full time, though it's looking like that will be over a year from now since they aren't even in stock anywhere. Any issue running the 11.5" for all of these? I know 3-gun matches will run out to 400 yards sometimes, though I don't anticipate ever taking a shot that far with it outside of that.
    There is a sticky thread titled "The One Gun Solution (GP Carbine) - Reality?" with a lot of good SME input. I believe the 12.5 was recommended for a GP carbine over the 11.5.

Andy

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I use My 11.5 with a SOLGW flashhider (5/24 threads on my 11.5) and it barely fits in my greyghost gear bag I carry when I travel. If I got the 12.5 my SBR bag would need to be bigger.

Over all it is up to you but I like the BRT 11.5 barrels because velocities are close to 14 inch barrels the last time i did It. 12.5 should be better. It is all up to you.

Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast