Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’d go with a 12.5” for that scenario.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While 12.5" with suppressor seems to be popular in the "general purpose rifle" thread. If you actually have a purpose for the gun I would suggest steering towards a barrel in that length. For example I shot a lot of black rifle matches when ammo was a'plenty. I started with 14.5 LW and it didn't have enough speed or mass. Moved to an 18" and kinda hated how it felt. Finally with the 16 MPR" I am getting the velocity I need for the 400 yard targets, and its handy enough to maneuver while also enough mass to not over heat.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    While 12.5" with suppressor seems to be popular in the "general purpose rifle" thread. If you actually have a purpose for the gun I would suggest steering towards a barrel in that length. For example I shot a lot of black rifle matches when ammo was a'plenty. I started with 14.5 LW and it didn't have enough speed or mass. Moved to an 18" and kinda hated how it felt. Finally with the 16 MPR" I am getting the velocity I need for the 400 yard targets, and its handy enough to maneuver while also enough mass to not over heat.
    What sort of target is that? The 500yd matches I participate in use pop up Crazy Ivans.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In the matches I shoot the 300-400 yard targets are usually 12x20 reduced IPSC's with flasher on them. They can be a chip shot or a beast depending on wind and shooting position. Also 55's are not ideal for the wind. My fault I know.

Also a 12.5" suppressed AR isn't ideal for hunting.... unless your on another tax payer funded safari....

While I see why some dudes want a 'one gun solution' its a really silly proposition unless you already have no guns. For example my match rifles wouldn't be wrong to use in HD role; but the reality is that I have a dedicated gun for that (10.5" white light, RDS, gold dots). Where I to go hunting I would definitely want the right set up for that.

To all the guys that think one gun is the way to go; Do you eat with a serrated spork? Why not?
    Last edited by turnburglar; 10-07-20 at 15:21.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    To all the guys that think one gun is the way to go; Do you eat with a serrated spork? Why not?
    Coming from a guy who has uppers and lowers for specific roles, the answer is rather simple: A spork costs $3 for a nice metal one, and a nice metal upper plus optic is going to definitely be over $1000.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I have a titanium spork that I find pretty neat. But concerning one-gun solutions, if you're at a starting point, it makes sense to try to have overlapping circles in your Venn diagram, and try try to split the differences in size, weight, etc. You can always go more purpose driven from there.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I originally sent this to Clint. Range report for a CHF 11.5 barrel:

Clint, I got the 11.5 CHF up and running. I have some decent groups at 100, but I figured I would send you something different. The silhouette looking steel was at 285 yards, and that was 15 rounds rapid fire with M855 from prone.
    The single hex target is at 360 yards. First round hit with Magtech 77 OTM. Zeroed at 100; 2.2 mils up, and about .2 mil hold into the wind. Using the reticle on a Razor 1-6.
    The dual hex targets are at 440. I shot the 8 inch first and caught the right edge with .5 mil hold into the wind. 3.3 mils come up. I added another .1 to .2 mils for wind, and shot the 6 inch hex on the left twice. Again, not dialing, but using the reticle. M4SDK on the end.
    It shoots pretty well up close, too. About 900 rounds through it thus far.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Guys, quick question about the gas system length on the 11.5" SB barrel. Is it like carbine+1? The reason I ask is I am thinking about building one with my old Ops Inc 15th model using the Spikes gas block which has an integrated taper collar. Carbine +1 on an 11.5" would be the perfect length.

Feedback Score
    How many here have chrono’d their barrels? A buddy of mine tried a Triarc barrel, which also is supposed to increase velocity, against a “normal” of the same length a year or so ago and saw very little difference.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is there an ETA on the 14.5" barrels? Got two Block 3 M4A1 clones just waiting for barrels.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for War.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast