Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    What was "uncalled for" was someone who is clueless about what's been said in this thread, trying to pretend that I was posting data that had absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
    I am not arguing the value of the data, but its a stretch to paste a screenshot of an Arfcom discussion about Hodge barrels into a discussion regarding Black River barrels and then imply someone is differently abled for not making the connection between a discussion on a completely different board regarding a completely different vendor and this thread.

I grant you I may have missed it, but a search on M4C and reading a few pages back damn sure does not reveal the original quote from goldslug on this board. I looked before I posted anything. I got a bit childish/sascastic with Opngrnd, but happily he gave me the opportunity to edit my post before he quoted it (and the sarcasm was not directed at Molon in any case).

Molon, I am glad you are back posting on M4C. Its safe to say I rarely miss one of your posts - I appreciate the information you pass on and the things I have learned from you. Fact, not sarcasm or sucking up.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-05-22 at 12:42.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I grant you I may have missed it, but a search on M4C and reading a few pages back damn sure does not reveal the original quote from goldslug on this board.
    Post #720. The little >> arrow icon to the right of "Originally Posted by g0ldslug" takes you there.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't see the arrow on my potato phone (?). More strangely, when I searched for all g0ldslug's posts, that post was not shown. Opngrnd pointed me the right way and I thought the discussion was over.

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I don't see the arrow on my potato phone (?).
    That explains this and other quote confusion I've seen here. Desktop PC still rules. lol

Feedback Score
    So to get this somewhat back on track... @Molon, any plans to put a BRT barrel through your testing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I believe it related to the idea of Hodge barrels giving increased velocities.
    Yeah I don't know where this started. I have a 14.5 Hodge. is it better than my DD and BRT barrels??? i would say no, they are all great barrels and my hodge is right in line with velocities on my other barrels. I brought this up in a hodge thread and told them about Molon's findings too. I was then assured by people i had it wrong, it is only with the 12.5 hodge barrels that have increased velocity. I have no idea why the 12.5 would and the others wouldn't. Makes no sense to me and really don't believe it. And to add about CHF barrels, i read that all hammer forged barrels have a tapered bore as it makes easier removal of the mandrel. I again cannot confirm this but it makes sense to me.
    Last edited by xFREDx; 09-06-22 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Hammer forged blanks do not necessarily have a tapered bore.

The mandrel does contain a slight taper, but the rifling part of the mandrel is only 40-60mm long to generally correspond to the area under the hammers.

If the forge is modern and equipped with the proper controls, the depth of the mandrel can be adjusted on the fly to produce a tapered bore.

Older forges use a manually adjustable depth and can only produce non-tapered bores.

Quote Originally Posted by xFREDx View Post
    And to add about CHF barrels, i read that all hammer forged barrels have a tapered bore as it makes easier removal of the mandrel. I again cannot confirm this but it makes sense to me.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    This is why I like forums like these. learning new things all the time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    @Molon, any plans to put a BRT barrel through your testing?
    Probably. Possibly. Maybe.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Probably. Possibly. Maybe.
    Nice! Looking forward to it

Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast