Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Dimensional accuracy, uniform thickness and adhesion are much more important than appearance.
    Yes, but how do you expect a customer to believe that you got that right when the coating is off or there are other "minor" problems.

It would also be nice to address some of the questions people have had instead of just dismissing them as insignificant.
    Last edited by Wow; 10-13-22 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    @Clint

Every FN manufactured chrome-lined AR-15 barrel that I’ve scoped, the chamber and bore have the typical silver-colored appearance to them. The chamber and bore of the Optimum barrel that I scoped has a dark grey “coating” appearance to it. What is that?

The Optimum barrel that I scoped also has some “spider leg” artifacts that I’ve never seen in any barrel that I’ve ever scoped. What are they?

Your website states the Optimum barrels are “finished with an advanced hard chrome lining process.” How is this “advanced” process different than that of typical chrome-lined AR-15 barrels. Is the chrome-lining of your optimum barrels “twice as thick” like the FN manufactured Noveske chrome-lined barrels?

Your website states that your chrome-lining process “includes 5 key improvements.” What are those 5 key improvements?

Last edited by Molon; 10-14-22 at 18:38.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Yes, but how do you expect a customer to believe that you got that right when the coating is off or there are other "minor" problems.
    Yup.

How much stuff am I not supposed to worry about...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There was a day when an MFG would say “I’m not selling these barrels. They aren’t up to spec.”

Clint’s reply was great, if it was addressing a general gripe about fit an finish. But pics have been provided that are obviously substandard product. The WO response was great. BRTs offer of $150 in credit was also fair. But it would have been better to see him pretty friggin pissed that his product is out there in that condition.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    That is disappointing to see. Not only did it get made like that but it also passed QC. Makes me wonder what their QC consists of.

https://i.imgur.com/JbMcyRh.mp4
    This is what the gas port from a top tier barrel manufacturer looks like, Notice that the circumference of the gas port is radiused.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    This is what the gas port from a top tier barrel manufacturer looks like, Notice that the circumference of the gas port is radiused.
    neither of my criterions have that, guess it isn't top tier

https://i.imgur.com/jirnYeN.png

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    @Molon: Are you actually gonna shoot the barrel with "artifacts"? Send it my way, if you dont want it anymore.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thank you Molon.

We've ordered some tooling and will incorporate this if the results are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Thank you Molon.

We've ordered some tooling and will incorporate this if the results are good.
    Nice!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    @Molon: Are you actually gonna shoot the barrel with "artifacts"? Send it my way, if you dont want it anymore.
    Yep, I could care less if a barrel has spider legs, cobwebs or trap door spiders hiding in the bore as long as it shoots well. Ive seen barrels that looked like crap under a bore scope that shoot well and barrels that had pristine bores that shot like crap.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast