Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    MOLON......

Still waiting for your test results.....

Time frame???
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Teslong bore scope, the bane of barrel manufactures. Lol. Cheep and accessible to give people just enough knowledge to hang themselves and cause publicity problems.

Point being small burrs in the gas port and artifacts in chrome lining, shines and dull spots are common from ALL of the big fighting rifle barrel brands. Not going to drag Clint at BRT over it. It would be cool if all bores looked like a polished Criterion but even their barrels aren't always perfect looking under the bore scope.

I have gauged BCM barrels that had blown out bores. Centurion barrels that had horribly loose chambers and wicked gas port burrs, Sionics barrels with short headspace. All of these things are more important than a few artifacts in the chrome. These barrels are not single point cut, hand lapped stainless barrels and despite what anyone thinks none of the big manufactures have 100% QC on every detail when the intended performance is a 2.5 moa fighting carbine.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 11-27-22 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Teslong bore scope, the bane of barrel manufactures. Lol. Cheep and accessible to give people just enough knowledge to hang themselves and cause publicity problems.

Point being small burrs in the gas port and artifacts in chrome lining, shines and dull spots are common from ALL of the big fighting rifle barrel brands. Not going to drag Clint at BRT over it. It would be cool if all bores looked like a polished Criterion but even their barrels aren't always perfect looking under the bore scope.

I have gauged BCM barrels that had blown out bores. Centurion barrels that had horribly loose chambers and wicked gas port burrs, Sionics barrels with short headspace. All of these things are more important than a few artifacts in the chrome. These barrels are not single point cut, hand lapped stainless barrels and despite what anyone thinks none of the big manufactures have 100% QC on every detail when the intended performance is a 2.5 moa fighting carbine.
    Yeah......

ALL of the above....

The lack of response to my request speaks VOLUMES.......
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post

All of that is why I still run Colt 16” carbine gas barrels.

They may send out lemons too, but you have to look for a looooong time to find one.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    What are/causes the “spider leg artifact”? I tried an internet search and found nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Maybe a worn out mandrel or reamer.
    Maybe, but I don’t think so. They look negative in Molon’s bore scope pic. Like pieces of wire were stuck to the mandrel, which I also doubt. The sort of artifact that I’m used to seeing on a CHF barrel is drill marks that sort of look like chatter but are hammered flat. Its pretty common.

Bore scope pictures are like EEGs. They provide a visualization of things, but most people don’t know how to interpret them, so it all looks bad, without necessarily being bad.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    All of that is why I still run Colt 16” carbine gas barrels.

They may send out lemons too, but you have to look for a looooong time to find one.
    I can attest to that. My colt 6940 even has the yellow qc mark on the barrel. The barrel shoots like a dream. I've had so many bad experiences with barrels from a few different manufacturers that I'm not sure if I will ever shoot anything other than a colt or fn chf barrel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dues View Post
    Yeah......

ALL of the above....

What request? From Molon? Molon doesn't get paid to do this. He doesn't owe any of us a god damn thing, but I'm sure glad he puts his time into the reviews he does.

I don't see a request from you to Clint, the manufacturer of this barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    What request? From Molon? Molon doesn't get paid to do this. He doesn't owe any of us a god damn thing, but I'm sure glad he puts his time into the reviews he does.

I don't see a request from you to Clint, the manufacturer of this barrel.
    Scoping a barrel WITHOUT CONTEXT (that would be a live fire exam), is meaningless......

The worst part is that this half-baked exam came from someone who ALWAYS gives a complete picture....

THIS TIME..... not so much
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah......

ALL of the above....

Scoping a barrel WITHOUT CONTEXT (that would be a live fire exam), is meaningless......

The worst part is that this half-baked exam came from someone who ALWAYS gives a complete picture....

THIS TIME..... not so much
    The level of entitled hubris in your posts is pretty astounding. Molon doesn't owe you jack. And the fact that someone of his reputation for thoroughness hasn't expounded on his findings, here in the forum, should give you a clue... But you're too wrapped up in the fact that he didn't respond to your demand. Who the eff are you?

Ever stop to think that maybe he and Clint took the conversation offline?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The level of entitled hubris in your posts is pretty astounding. Molon doesn't owe you jack. And the fact that someone of his reputation for thoroughness hasn't expounded on his findings, here in the forum, should give you a clue... But you're too wrapped up in the fact that he didn't respond to your demand. Who the eff are you?

Ever stop to think that maybe he and Clint took the conversation offline?
    Thanks man.. beat me to it.

Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast