Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The level of entitled hubris in your posts is pretty astounding. Molon doesn't owe you jack. And the fact that someone of his reputation for thoroughness hasn't expounded on his findings, here in the forum, should give you a clue... But you're too wrapped up in the fact that he didn't respond to your demand. Who the eff are you?

Ever stop to think that maybe he and Clint took the conversation offline?

No clue to find.....just not up to his standards.
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    Hey everyone long time lurker here but was regular active on arfcom and snipershide. I have a basic phone activated bore scope and a few various chromed lined barrels I can snap images of for comparison if y'all are interested.
    Barrels included, criterion core 13.9", BRT optimum CHF 13.9", colt socom 14.5", FN Collectors series 14.5", a Windham weaponry A2 20", original colt SP1 20", BCM 14.5" ELW, and I have a BRT optimum SR 14.5" on the way I can share photos of.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any velocity data on the 8" 556 PDW? I hope to test mine soon.
    Last edited by archad; 12-11-22 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    I was able chronograph my 64 grain GD load today using a Magneto V3. Using a max TAC Nato data for the 65 grain SMK. I used Speer pull downed brass all 2011 head stamp which has crimped primer. My 5 shot average was 2393 fps suppressed. I'm super stoked. ETA this is a load I have been shooting for 9 years safely.
    Last edited by archad; 12-11-22 at 16:24.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I took my 16" Optimum light weight tapered barrel - equipped AR to the mountain top range here in Alabama and zeroed it when it was 10 degrees (put a new-to-me optic on it this week).

I can confidently say the extended gas system doesn't hurt reliability in the coldest weather I plan to shoot it in. I am using a carbine RE with a H2 buffer and standard action spring, for what its worth.

Its always fun to shoot ARs, but the weather almost made it a chore today.

Andy

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I took my 16" Optimum light weight tapered barrel - equipped AR to the mountain top range here in Alabama and zeroed it when it was 10 degrees (put a new-to-me optic on it this week).

I can confidently say the extended gas system doesn't hurt reliability in the coldest weather I plan to shoot it in. I am using a carbine RE with a H2 buffer and standard action spring, for what its worth.

Its always fun to shoot ARs, but the weather almost made it a chore today.

Andy
    What kind of groupings are you getting with that setup, if you don’t mind sharing? I’m looking for a 16” CHF barrel in a medium or lightweight profile..

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    What kind of groupings are you getting with that setup, if you don’t mind sharing? I’m looking for a 16” CHF barrel in a medium or lightweight profile..
    Mine is an older version, not CHF or chrome lined, and I have honestly not made much of an attempt to test accuracy with it. It has a 1-4 optic on it which limits my ability to shoot little groups at 100 yards/meters. 50 yard 5 shot groups seem to run between 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches when I zero it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks for the update Chad.

That is a very potent load from a PDW length barrel.

At ~800 ft-lbs of muzzle energy, it beats every other pistol/PDW except 300BLK, while having a ~300 fps velocity advantage over 300BLK.

Quote Originally Posted by archad View Post
    I was able chronograph my 64 grain GD load today using a Magneto V3. Using a max TAC Nato data for the 65 grain SMK. I used Speer pull downed brass all 2011 head stamp which has crimped primer. My 5 shot average was 2393 fps suppressed. I'm super stoked. ETA this is a load I have been shooting for 9 years safely.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Molon just posted up a review over on TOS of our 16" OPTIMUM HF CL barrel.

An accuracy summary and comparison to other relevant barrels is below.

All are the average of 3 10-round groups using Molon's 55gr Blitzking handloads, except where noted.
    ES = Extreme spread, MR = Mean Radius

BRT OPTIMUM HF CL 16" - 1.23" ES .35" MR
    Hodge 14.5" - 1.24" ES, N/A MR (only 1 10-round group )
    Criterion CORE 16" - 1.12" ES, .39" MR
    Colt A2 20" - 1.35" ES, .42" MR ( 6 -10 round groups )
    Colt 6920 #1 - 1.39" ES, .44" MR
    Colt 6920 #2 - 1.62" ES, .44" MR
    Colt M4A1 SOCOM - 0.95" ES, .35" MR

Of special note is the class leading Mean Radius of .35", showing very good consistency of all shots.
    Mean Radius includes all shots in the calculation rather than the 2 worst shots used for Extreme Spread.
    https://www.ammoman.com/blog/measuri...s-mean-radius/
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its worth searching the interweb for the "Molon Reference Links" thread on that site, and not just to read the full review.

He pulls no punches, just the facts.

Interesting that Molon's barrel required "thermal fitting" with a BCM upper. I assembled a non-CHF medium profile optimum barrel and a BCM upper last week. No heating or freezing was required, I think the fit was perfect, tight but not too tight to assemble with a little muscle. Yes, that barrel sat around for a while at my house and is out of production now.

Andy

Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast