Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast

Thread: BRT OPTIMUM Barrels

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    We have previously posted why we don't publish all of our gas port sizes, but the answer is a bit more complex than some would like.

We love our informed, expert users and we do provide guidance that our OPTIMUM barrels are tuned for mixed use with and without a suppressor.

This means un-suppressed levels of Gas Drive that are lower than normally found, but not the smallest gas ports that border on failure if conditions aren't perfect.

We test with PMC Bronze as the lowest power ammo that is expected to run reliably.

There shouldn't be any expectation that extra weak / steel case ammo will run with acceptable reliability.

We also provide guidance to use lighter buffers like CAR/H when un-suppressed and recommend swapping to heavier H2/H3 buffers when suppressed for optimal function.

Very few manufacturers provide buffer recommendations for different scenarios, which is what most users want to know anyhow.

We also utilize several proprietary gas system lengths that properly match the barrel length.

Any gas port sizes provided would have no comparative references and leave perspective customers with more questions than answers.

Speaking of comparative references, aside from the published mil-spec sizes for the Mk18, M4, Mk12 and M16, the internet can't seem to agree on what the proper gas port size for any given configuration and use case should be.

One more thing that's not common knowledge is the required port sizes to achieve a target gas drive can vary slightly based on a number of factors.

These factors include the rifling styles, bore dimensions, chamber dimensions, gas block journal diameters and gas port treatment.

An 076 port in one barrel combination may need an 073 port in another combination to cycle identically.

It is the actual cycling performance that matters, not the exact size required to achieve that performance.

Gas port differences of +/- one size from different manufacturers may cycle the same and shouldn't be cause for alarm until confirmed by actual testing.
    Well said, Clint.

I remember a conversation that you and I had years ago regarding the diameter of the gas block journal (and, thus, the actual length of the gas port) playing a fairly important role in overall GP diameter for any given barrel.

Everything matters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Hey Clint, any plans on upcoming runs of 12.5 CHF or nitrided barrels with the EXC gas system length?

Keep up the good work!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks for the support.

12.5" SRCL are in stock now.

We're starting on some 12.5" HFCL shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by ASeabrook View Post
    Hey Clint, any plans on upcoming runs of 12.5 CHF or nitrided barrels with the EXC gas system length?

Keep up the good work!
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the support.

12.5" SRCL are in stock now.

We're starting on some 12.5" HFCL shortly.
    Thanks! Would you characterize the 12.5 EXC optimum as being well-gassed for predominantly unsuppressed use?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASeabrook View Post
    Thanks! Would you characterize the 12.5 EXC optimum as being well-gassed for predominantly unsuppressed use?
    I actually came to ask about the in stock 12.5 SR barrels. I don’t need to know port size, especially with the EXC. But curious how they are gassed. I don’t shoot any steel, but so have some Wolf Gold left.
    People report the Roscoe K9 is gassed more than necessary, and I’d like to avoid that.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    DBL
    DBL
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, these run great with Wolf Gold and PMC bronze using an H buffer; nice and soft with ~3:30 ejection.

We've received many requests for EZTUNE gas tubes to dial down those K9 barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I actually came to ask about the in stock 12.5 SR barrels. I don’t need to know port size, especially with the EXC. But curious how they are gassed. I don’t shoot any steel, but so have some Wolf Gold left.
    People report the Roscoe K9 is gassed more than necessary, and I’d like to avoid that.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Clint, any word on a .300blk barrel restock?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We've got another batch at chrome now.

Until then, Weapon Outfitters has a couple left.
    https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/brt...dw-300blk.html

Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Clint, any word on a .300blk barrel restock?
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    We've got another batch at chrome now.

Until then, Weapon Outfitters has a couple left.
    https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/brt...dw-300blk.html
    Thank you sir. I actually came across those this morning and have one on the way.

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast