Thread: Target stand- two 'stakes' for 1x2s?

Feedback Score

Question Target stand- two 'stakes' for 1x2s?

Years ago I bought thes target stands that are like 1/4-3/8 round steel stakes about 2.5 feet long. At the top there is a square 'collar' welded to the frame for a 1x2. About 2/3 down is an angled round steel at a welded 45 angle. You pound the stake in, put the 1x2 through the top collar and it rests on the 45degree catch. You have to space them correctly for IPSC targets, but they are really handy and versatile. IIRC, they were a lot less than standard "H" target stand and a lot lighter. No bent stakes, no bending over to ground level to pull up the target

I thought MGM made them, but I don't see them. I can't find them on the web or with searches. Anyone know of them?

Setting the spacing was always a bit of a trick, but they held targets even in high CO winds. Can't beat them for weight. I have 8 of them for four targets and I can easily carry them the targets and a hammer with staple gun.

I don't have them handy, but I'd like to add a few more.

Thanks
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sounds like it wouldn't be hard to make them out of rebar and some square tube steel. Tie a string in between 2 of them so you get your spacing right for the target size.

Feedback Score
    My friend gave me three stands that fold. It has a handle on top when it’s folded. It holds 2 1x2s.

I never found any in a store with that design.

I use make shift stands with 1.5” PVC pipe that works. They’re cut into 15 inch segments, connected by Elbows and T connectors. Best thing is that they don’t rust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    PVC and wood stands are difficult to transport and set up. They get shot up very quickly, splinter and break.

Hang Fast Targets has a solution that works on ANY terrain you can pound a T Post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Target stand- two 'stakes' for 1x2s?

Quote Originally Posted by vinconco View Post
    PVC and wood stands are difficult to transport and set up. They get shot up very quickly, splinter and break.

Hang Fast Targets has a solution that works on ANY terrain you can pound a T Post.
    This. I love the hang fast targets.
    They’re having a sale this weekend too.

Feedback Score
    This stand takes a standard T Post and is adjustable for angle both ways.
    It can hold heavy targets on just about any terrain and not fall over.
    The center portion is fully Armored w/ 3/8" AR500
    It takes firring strips for paper targets

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input. All those look good, but they don't have the portability and low cost that I was looking for. Sometime already I feel like I'm filling my Yukon for an invasion when we do a range day. I can't set up permanently, or I'd pound posts. H stands are great, but bigger and more expensive than I want.

I got into 3D printing so I wouldn't . have to learn how to weld....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.