Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you running home defense ARs do you use hollow point 5.56/.223?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
    I love this round. It's what I was trained on and issued before I retired. I sure wish PSA put them on sale again as I've shot all of mine already.
    I took a course this summer with Battleline Tactical. Boon Benton told us they had done a lot of barrier and gel testing and this round came out on top, by a large margin.
    Yeah, it's not cheap, even on sale. I got mine at PSA also.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    A 30 round 5.56 mag from an AR is more max firepower though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever ... you do it your way and I'll do it mine. I don't care to argue this shit when I've lived it for more than 30 years.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Whatever ... you do it your way and I'll do it mine. I don't care to argue this shit when I've lived it for more than 30 years.
    Lived what? Consistently dropping bad guys with 40 cal from a handgun?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don’t understand why you wouldn’t use an AR inside the house. I don’t actually care what you do, just doesn’t make sense to me.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BillD View Post
    I took a course this summer with Battleline Tactical. Boon Benton told us they had done a lot of barrier and gel testing and this round came out on top, by a large margin.
    Yeah, it's not cheap, even on sale. I got mine at PSA also.
    This and the preceding 62 grain is all DHS issued and trained with. Very accurate ammo at all distances. While I have plenty of XM193 and M855 I keep a few mags loaded with the Gold Dot 64(s). I have that much confidence in it.

Feedback Score
    I love this round. It's what I was trained on and issued before I retired. I sure wish PSA put them on sale again as I've shot all of mine already.
    That's where I got mine too. 64 gr Gold Dot on sale for $9.99 per 20. With the free shipping, couldn't pass it up.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMann View Post
    That's where I got mine too. 64 gr Gold Dot on sale for $9.99 per 20. With the free shipping, couldn't pass it up.
    I did that but with the 75 grain. I believe speer sells it to private companies if there is an over run, then we get to see it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny256 View Post
    I did that but with the 75 grain. I believe speer sells it to private companies if there is an over run, then we get to see it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I've purchased the Gold Dot 55, 62, 64, and 75 grain before from PSA and other sources. I'm currently narrowing it all down to the 64 and 75 grains. In 1-9" twists I limit myself to the 64 grains and with the 1-7" twist I go up to 75 grains. All the .223 Gold Dot SP weights perform perfectly when matched to the right weapon. Once PSA has another sale I'll splurge on both weights again. I don't think I'll do the 55 grain anymore since there are better and cheaper alternatives for that weight of bullet.

Feedback Score
    Federal 62gr. Fusion/Fusion MSR. It’s relatively cheap, widely available and effective in SBR’s and 16-20” carbines and rifles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloSierra View Post
    Federal 62gr. Fusion/Fusion MSR. It’s relatively cheap, widely available and effective in SBR’s and 16-20” carbines and rifles.
    I got some of this on order and on the way in. I'm curious to see if I have to adjust the red dot for this as possibly being different than M855 and the former Gold Dot 62(s).

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast