Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you running home defense ARs do you use hollow point 5.56/.223?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Easy, Gold Dot is the LE loading of Fusion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Easy, Gold Dot is the LE loading of Fusion.
    Wouldn't you know it, that Gold Dot 223 went out of stock between then and now (velocity ammo sales)

May just do a case of IMI 77gr Razor Core from Midway instead

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been stockpiling the IWI 77 grain and it is good ammo for me. It also works logistically for me because it's my long range target ammo as well. I hate having to stock too much diverse ammo, I feel like with M193 and 77 grain OTMs I can cover pretty much all of my AR shooting except hunting.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I wouldn’t be upset if 77gr OTM was my primary SD load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Although I too would prefer to stock up on at least a half Case / 500 rds of Federal 62 gr. MSR Loads, any of the 3 specific Loads mentioned above should be perfectly acceptable for overall use, provided of course that they're sufficiently accurate & reliable in your particular weapon. I do have to say, those Federal LE223T1 are indeed some excellent performing rounds, but can tend to send you bankrupt, provided you can locate any currently available. I can't recall at the moment if Federal also has a 62 grain variant of their TBBC Loading, as they've dropped & or updated their product inventory so many times over the past years ? But, anyone looking to stock up on .223 / 5.56 should probably do so NOW, as our current 'Buffoon in Chief' is dead set in eliminating any & all of our commercially available ammunition supplies.

Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpast32 View Post
    Although I too would prefer to stock up on at least a half Case / 500 rds of Federal 62 gr. MSR Loads, any of the 3 specific Loads mentioned above should be perfectly acceptable for overall use, provided of course that they're sufficiently accurate & reliable in your particular weapon. I do have to say, those Federal LE223T1 are indeed some excellent performing rounds, but can tend to send you bankrupt, provided you can locate any currently available. I can't recall at the moment if Federal also has a 62 grain variant of their TBBC Loading, as they've dropped & or updated their product inventory so many times over the past years ? But, anyone looking to stock up on .223 / 5.56 should probably do so NOW, as our current 'Buffoon in Chief' is dead set in eliminating any & all of our commercially available ammunition supplies.

Best, dpast32
    Supposedly they do, LE223T3. Haven't seen it in forever though, just the T1, no T3, and haven't seen Fusion for the life of me for forever either.

I think I'm settling on mk262/clone for everything where accuracy or terminal performance may matter, cheapest M193 or similar I can find for the rest (which is most of my use).

I have enough LE223T1 and Fusion 62gr MSR leftover (and rifle they are tested in) for now. Just have to keep an eye out for deals on those. Can get T1 now but it's pricey and I'd rather find something a bit heavier (hope my stock of MSR Fusion 62 holds out)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    I have been stockpiling the IWI 77 grain and it is good ammo for me. It also works logistically for me because it's my long range target ammo as well. I hate having to stock too much diverse ammo,
    That's my approach. 75 and 77 OTMs are pretty much it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    As far as 75's go, I stocked up on the PPU / Prvi Partizan 75 grain Match Ammunition some years ago after it was both reviewed & discussed here. ( Testing was done primarily by 'Molon', IIRC. ) Although it does leave something to be desired, due to it not having sealed case mouths or primers, IMHO, it will suffice adequately for most purposes, unless of course you're planning on some river or sea insertion operations ! When I grabbed it, the price was 'right', around $10 - $11 per 20 rd Box, so needless to say I'm still working off my stash. I do wish I would have bought more of the old Hornandy Red Box LE-TAP, in 5.56, but I could only afford one caliber to stock up on at that particular time, so I chose to feed my 6.8x43 SPC. I picked up 500 rds of it, & am still sitting on it now. I will admit one thing, ammunition stocking can send you broke, so I'm happy to have 'just enough' of each of my primary calibers, & call it done !
    Best, dpast32

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpast32 View Post
    As far as 75's go, I stocked up on the PPU / Prvi Partizan 75 grain Match Ammunition some years ago after it was both reviewed & discussed here. ( Testing was done primarily by 'Molon', IIRC. ) Although it does leave something to be desired, due to it not having sealed case mouths or primers, IMHO, it will suffice adequately for most purposes, unless of course you're planning on some river or sea insertion operations ! When I grabbed it, the price was 'right', around $10 - $11 per 20 rd Box, so needless to say I'm still working off my stash.
    I have a can of hand loaded ammo with the PRVI 75 gr bullet. It doesn't frag like an OTM, but (at least in my unofficial testing) it opens up like a hollow point bullet. I wish I could still get those bullets.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The non-fragmentation factor, along with it being fairly accurate makes that Load a decent choice, provided you can still locate any for a fair price. It used to be referred to as, 'Poor Man's Match Ammunition' when I obtained most of mine. Our current ammunition situation is really looking bleak, provided of course that things don't change within the Legislative arena ? Things were just starting to loosen up in regards to overall availability of bulk ammunition, & 'someone' decided to restrict much of our overseas importation of ammunition. And, we all know what that means !!

dpast32

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast