Thread: For those of you running home defense ARs do you use hollow point 5.56/.223?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    They're still flat-nosed. Need something more pointy. I'll get some 64 gr PSP's to try out.
    Unless there is a good poly-tip bullet heavier than the 50, 55, and 60 gr ones I've fired from this rifle. Those were all varmint bullets.
    Oops. I checked my supply. I got the Gold Dot's and 64 gr Winchester Rangers confused.

Yes, the Gold Dots have a very small meplat. Smaller than the Federal Tru. (I forgot I had those)

Next time I shoot the ARX I'll run 100 of the 64 gr Gold Dots through it. I haven't fired any from that rifle. The good news is I have about 200 of them.

It was the Ranger 64 gr JSP's that got damaged from feeding. I found two turned opposite of the others and they had damaged noses. (Big soft point) So I had obviously chambered those rounds then examined them. I think I only fired a box judging by how many I have left. They ran fine but the damaged nose made me think they could cause a stoppage.
    Last edited by Ron3; 10-02-18 at 22:52.