Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you running home defense ARs do you use hollow point 5.56/.223?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Performance looks fantastic especially out of a SB whatever, that price (1.60/rnd) and availability tho...
    I bought a box here and there until I had a nice stash. Couldn't buy them all at once like I would range rounds, that's for sure.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Have yet to see a poor performance test, accuracy, feeding, terminal performance, etc with any length barrel with the Black Hills 50g TSX, now "optimized" with sealed case mouth and primer. HD mags are all loaded with these since I left the FBI Police unit and am no longer beholden to have the Bu issued rounds in my Colt. Been shooting the BH round for years, admittedly I don't use them for training so it's not thousands of rounds, but at least a few mags a year to ensure I'm hitting what I'm aiming at, and never had a failure of any sort.
    Indeed, an excellent load.

Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Performance looks fantastic especially out of a SB whatever, that price (1.60/rnd) and availability tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    I bought a box here and there until I had a nice stash. Couldn't buy them all at once like I would range rounds, that's for sure.
    And that's the way to do it for most folks, buy a box here and there until you have what you need. I like having more than less, but you're well equipped if you have enough to zero, a basic load, then use it to train and confirm zero when you rotate.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Indeed, an excellent load.

And that's the way to do it for most folks, buy a box here and there until you have what you need. I like having more than less, but you're well equipped if you have enough to zero, a basic load, then use it to train and confirm zero when you rotate.
    Call me OCD but I like to purchase a batch from the same lot # to reduce the chances of any zero shifts from the lot to lot variations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hornady CD 73 grain...

Being I run it out of an AR pistol, it shows very good results in shorter barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Call me OCD but I like to purchase a batch from the same lot # to reduce the chances of any zero shifts from the lot to lot variations.
    Totally get it. I try to stay within a single lot whenever possible, and especially for precision rifle ammo. "Most folks" can't or won't do that though due to expense, aren't shooting well or often enough to notice lot deviations, or in the case of that particular 50 TSX load the lot to lot consistency is excellent.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    77 gr. SMK and 62 gr. Gold dots

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Hornady CD 73 grain...
    Being I run it out of an AR pistol, it shows very good results in shorter barrels.
    I'd love to see your testing criteria, as everyone else's, including Hornady themselves, prove otherwise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I'd love to see your testing criteria, as everyone else's, including Hornady themselves, prove otherwise.
    Hornady did their testing with a 24” barrel. I’m getting ready for work, but I’ll try to remember to post up links later.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Hornady did their testing with a 24” barrel. I’m getting ready for work, but I’ll try to remember to post up links later.
    Hornady provides ballistic data based on a 24" barrel.

Hornady did their ballistic gelatine testing with a 16" barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Hornady provides ballistic data based on a 24" barrel.

Hornady did their ballistic gelatine testing with a 16" barrel.

16” setup looks about the same... 55 and then 73 grain.

https://youtu.be/3aSAoNyMqCM

https://youtu.be/mXjLcKa6lJc

Nice thing was he did both rounds out of the 10.3” barrel.

https://youtu.be/o_y1kiEOhbw

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast