Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you running home defense ARs do you use hollow point 5.56/.223?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Winchester 64gr PowerPoint...same thing I use for hunting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Mk318 62gr OTM
    I run this in my 12.5in sbr with sf mini. Man is it a great combo. The other loads I use are 75 grain gold dots and bh 77 grain otm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Real BH Mk262 in everything with a 1/7 or 1/8 barrel. Both for practice and game time.

LC M193 in everything with 1/9 or 1/12. Both for practice and game time.

I buy and store these two loads exclusively; and have purged my ammo reserves of everything else.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Isn't he one of the guys, along with the fake Col, who were called out for making companies pay money for reviews? IIRC, it started at $4k for a decent review.... and if you didn't pay up, the result may not be to your liking...

Anyone else remember this from a year or so ago?

Regarding ammo selection for HD, I would feel well protected with soft point or HP ammunition. I don't ever expect one round to stop a threat, but I am exceedingly aware of what multiple rounds on target does. If I can get high velocity ammunition to retain its destructive ability inside the body of the bad guy, I'm pretty happy. In a HD scenario, windshields and others barriers are highly unlikely. If you patrol a large area of property and are concerned about engagements, that is a slightly different thing to think about.
    Yep that is the guy. He denied it all and then someone go ahold of his price sheet.

This video actually shows shot of it.

https://youtu.be/uMSX75EwBFM?t=3m40s

Back to the Topic at hand though. I use the old standby. Hornady TAP. Although I believe they have changed their product lines recently.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    Customized to suite your needs!!! Suite! Literally unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Yep that is the guy. He denied it all and then someone go ahold of his price sheet.

This video actually shows shot of it.

https://youtu.be/uMSX75EwBFM?t=3m40s

Back to the Topic at hand though. I use the old standby. Hornady TAP. Although I believe they have changed their product lines recently.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cab11150904 View Post
    Customized to suite your needs!!! Suite! Literally unreadable.
    You still havent stated your barrel length or barrier blind needs.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    75gr Gold Dot and 70gr GMX

Feedback Score
    Sure. Just picked up some 77gr HP Razor Core Sierra Matchking from Midway on mega sale, highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use Federal TRU223E. Its a 55 grain BTHP. Its what my department uses in our patrol rifles, Colt 6920, and our swat team rifles, Mk18s.

I do believe there are better overall choices for duty use but this load has served us well. I like it because its a known quantity for me. Ive seen what it does first hand through barriers and not. Its not the best round through windshields, but its still pretty damn effective. Plus in my home defense rifle Im not super worried about shooting through windshields.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lots of good info and suggestions here. I've been using IMI 77gr lately as it is fairly accurate out of my 18" and the price is right.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast