Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M4 replaces Tavor in Israeli Commando Brigade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

M4 replaces Tavor in Israeli Commando Brigade

According to this, the Israeli army is replacing the Tavors used by the Israeli Commando brigade

http://www.israeldefense.com/en/node/35539

According to the short article: " The Tavor AR was used in the Egoz and Rimon units. This move aims to standardize the weapons carried by all warfighters across the brigade."

I looked up the Israeli commando is what I found:

https://www.idf.il/en/minisites/commando-brigade/
    Last edited by Ed L.; 09-04-18 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Maybe this is a IMI/IDF marketing ploy, same with the Galil, adopt a rifle, sell a bunch of overpriced semi's to American suckers then go back to the M16/M4.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sometimes it's really hard to make a better mousetrap.

Feedback Score
    But does all the Mako gear fit the m4?
    Thats the main thing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ill repeat this again bullpups are great for carrying, but suck for actually fighting with.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Maybe this is a IMI/IDF marketing ploy, same with the Galil, adopt a rifle, sell a bunch of overpriced semi's to American suckers then go back to the M16/M4.
    I doubt that's the master plan, but that's indeed what happened.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    When there's even a debate about which is better and one costs twice what the other does, the answer is clear.

Feedback Score
    Remember that this is just 4 units, that will be going back to the M4 or commando rifle.

I have heard nothing about any more units dropping the Tavor.

Feedback Score
    Other than specialized units, isn't the IDF pretty much committed to the Tavor?

Feedback Score
    Can't speak to why some special forces seem to prefer M4, since I'm not special forces. But I do wonder how many of you that are ragging on the Tavor own one. Or even have extended time behind the trigger.

As someone who owns one and has put a couple of thousand rounds through it, I have to say that it stacks up against the AR very favorably. I would say it's more reliable, stays cleaner, is more maneuverable. Personally, because of its size and the way its weight is distributed, I find it easier to shoot offhand. Mag changes are a little more difficult, but not a problem with a little practice. Stock trigger is not great, but very easy to upgrade.

As for the accuracy being 4 MOA - that's just bullsh*t. With Wolf Gold I'm at about 2-2.5 MOA with a 3x scope at 100 yards. With match ammo I'm at about 1.5.
    Last edited by cosmo223; 09-17-18 at 11:29.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast