Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: M4 replaces Tavor in Israeli Commando Brigade

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Holy caca, I've never been a fan of the bullpup platform in general but damn.

Didn't have any plans for a Tavor and now I never will (short of hitting the Powerball and acquiring a reference collection).
    I have no dog in the fight, but if you look you up similar tests on YouTube, you could probably easily find a ton of X95s passing similar tests. I’ve seen videos of ARs and AKs being mud and sand tested side by side with the AR passing and the AK failing. I’m sure I could find this same test being run with both the AR and AK failing and a Tavor passing.

Pretty much every major service rifle today is capable of handling dirty, extreme conditions
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Pretty much every major service rifle today is capable of handling dirty, extreme conditions.
    Then why did two different Tavor's choke in two different amateur mud tests?

I get that none of these YouTube gun tests are scientific but unless these guys are being paid to edit the vids and monkey up the inner workings of these rifles by a competitor I can't see two different military based rifles failing in those two different tests.

When I find the time I plan on watching more of the In Range mud tests, so far the only other one that peaked my interest was a G3 clone and even that is not an HK but some Century / PTR collaboration so meh.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Then why did two different Tavor's choke in two different amateur mud tests?

I get that none of these YouTube gun tests are scientific but unless these guys are being paid to edit the vids and monkey up the inner workings of these rifles by a competitor I can't see two different military based rifles failing in those two different tests.

When I find the time I plan on watching more of the In Range mud tests, so far the only other one that peaked my interest was a G3 clone and even that is not an HK but some Century / PTR collaboration so meh.
    Both the C-308 and the CETME-L did very well in the InRangeTV mud tests.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If that is the case than according to Rob Ski in his clash of the Titans video series both the DD AR and the VEPR AK passed the swamp dunk test. The DD ate through 6 rounds in the sand tornado and the Vepr ate through 5.

By all accounts if we have to accept the times that ARs either choke or pass we also have to accept all the times AKs either choke or pass.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    InRange TV tests focus on closed systems. The swamp/mud submersion tests show the real winners.
    Say what?

Pour mud on rifle as if you dropped it in mud. Ist that one of the things you're concerned about? Mud? The swamp test gets a good cleaning getting dragged out. There isn't always water around

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 09-19-18 at 07:31.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Both the C-308 and the CETME-L did very well in the InRangeTV mud tests.
    I watched their G3/Cetme vid this morning as I enjoyed my cup of Kona. Wished they would do a HK91 but I get it that no one wants to volunteer their pre-ban guns for a mud test.

I did appreciate how they said at the end that the Century was supposed to be crap and the DSA was supposed to be superior in regards to quality of manufacturers but that the G3 design came out on top in their sample of one vs. one test. Just one more source that I have read/watched that has concluded that the G3 is the more robust platform of the two.

I'll have to give the CETME-L vid a whirl when I get the time.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    If that is the case than according to Rob Ski in his clash of the Titans video series both the DD AR and the VEPR AK passed the swamp dunk test. The DD ate through 6 rounds in the sand tornado and the Vepr ate through 5.

By all accounts if we have to accept the times that ARs either choke or pass we also have to accept all the times AKs either choke or pass.
    Here, here!

I enjoy the AK Operators Union channel as well, dismisses a lot of false claims and Rob Ski can flat out shoot no matter what he is running.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    ... if you aren't in some type of jungle environment criss-crossed with streams and fighting for your life- I'd go with the rifle that has the best ergonomics.
    I'd go for the one with the lightest weight.

BTW, what was the original reason the Israelis dropped the Galil as a front-line weapon? Being primarily a product-improved AK it should have remained their first choice if the AK design were all that wonderful. Was it too expensive? Too heavy? Too reliant on labor-intensive manufacture and assembly?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast