Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullpuo 9mm IWI tavor/x95 in 9mm or new Manticore CZ Scroprion bullpup???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Bullpuo 9mm IWI tavor/x95 in 9mm or new Manticore CZ Scroprion bullpup???

Which would you rather have and why, an IWI Tavor or X95 9mm or a Manticroe Arms CZScorpion bullpup...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lpup-scorpion/

I love bullpups and I love 9mm carbines.

It appears on first glance that the Bullpup scorpion should be considerably less expensive than an IWI Tavor or X95 in 9mm.

TED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Scorpion above all, but would just take it in it's standard form. Do a trigger job and possibly change out the handguard and call it a day ! The ergonomics of a bullpup always feels off to me and mag changes are another motion that needs to be learned.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If I lived in a free state, I'd get the Manticore bullpup and SBR it right away.

Feedback Score
    Gunprime has 9mm FDE Tavors for $1,099 + shipping. That's the best price I've ever seen on a Tavor.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    5.56 rifles convertd to 9mm make no sense to me, why not just keep it 5.56? 9mm PCCs should offer advantages like more compact, lighter form factor over 5.56.

Feedback Score
    If a person is familiar with a particular 5.56x45 weapon but needs to change to 9mm to avoid overpenetration, having the same weapon in 9mm can significantly reduce training and mistakes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Last edited by The Rat; 09-18-18 at 22:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    I just like them for fun, use with a suppressor, and cheaper ammo.

TED

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    Interesting articles. I will point out that the first is not very scientific because they don't specify the type of 9mm bullets being tested. They do indicate that the 5.56 being test is SP or HP. The second article is better, but more limited in its scope as only a couple of bullets are compared. Still, the point that one shouldn't assume that 5.56 penetrates more than 9mm is made.

Assuming that all else being equal, 9mm does penetrate penetrate more than 5.56, just reverse the scenario. Perhaps someone is conducting an operation where their foes are likely to be hiding behind typical household barriers. They might want their bullets to penetrate deeper. The point here being that if there are different results using different ammo, someone might take advantage of the option. Another possibility is that someone might be conducting an operation in an area where they don't want bullets traveling as far (assuming they have not hit any sort of barrier). 9mm has a shorter range and drops faster, so it could fill the need. Or, it might be a training cost issue. 9mm is significantly less expensive than 5.56. Needing to suppress the ammo might be another requirement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    5.56 rifles convertd to 9mm make no sense to me, why not just keep it 5.56? 9mm PCCs should offer advantages like more compact, lighter form factor over 5.56.
    For home defense, I went with a 9mm AR because of flash, concussion, and noise. When something goes bump in the middle of the night, I don't have time to dawn double hearing protection for every member of my family.

Plus, I want the ability to have to shoot through wall corners and doors without the bullet fragmenting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast