Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M4 replaces Tavor in Israeli Commando Brigade

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

M4 replaces Tavor in Israeli Commando Brigade

According to this, the Israeli army is replacing the Tavors used by the Israeli Commando brigade

http://www.israeldefense.com/en/node/35539

According to the short article: " The Tavor AR was used in the Egoz and Rimon units. This move aims to standardize the weapons carried by all warfighters across the brigade."

I looked up the Israeli commando is what I found:

https://www.idf.il/en/minisites/commando-brigade/
    Last edited by Ed L.; 09-04-18 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Maybe this is a IMI/IDF marketing ploy, same with the Galil, adopt a rifle, sell a bunch of overpriced semi's to American suckers then go back to the M16/M4.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sometimes it's really hard to make a better mousetrap.

Feedback Score
    But does all the Mako gear fit the m4?
    Thats the main thing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ill repeat this again bullpups are great for carrying, but suck for actually fighting with.

Feedback Score
    Keeping the pattern seen with pretty much every nation with an issued bullpup: Regular army gets the space gun, special operations chooses the M4. Can’t blame them, my Tavor is about 4 moa with mk262, even worse with ball ammo. My ARs are lasers compared. Even my Galils are more accurate than the Tavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Bullpups overall are heavy and awkward, at least my AUG's are along with Tavor's I handled were. The Israeli's just like the Bulgarians- prefer heavy milled AK's for some odd reason. So basically their choices were heavy weapons or something fast handling and lightweight.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 09-05-18 at 04:37.

Feedback Score
    Yamam the most elite anti terror unit in Israel, never went with the Tavor. For anti terror operations nothing in the world right now can beat the child of Stoner no matter what flavor it is.

I have always said the Tavor is a good general issue rifle, but for special ops it doesn't measure up. I don't think this is a slam against the Tavor, just an honest assessment.

Regarding the establishment of the commando brigade, time will tell if it is a good thing or not. Israel historically has created many special ops units with a narrow specialization. This resulted in small units that were very good at their specific skill set. Which considering how the IDF manpower works has always seemed like a very good idea. Time will tell if the blending of these 4 units with their unique skills, into one command will create more well rounded soldiers that still keep their specific skill set. Or if they will lose their specific skill set but become better over all soldiers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Maybe this is a IMI/IDF marketing ploy, same with the Galil, adopt a rifle, sell a bunch of overpriced semi's to American suckers then go back to the M16/M4.
    I doubt that's the master plan, but that's indeed what happened.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    When there's even a debate about which is better and one costs twice what the other does, the answer is clear.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast