Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with a spare BCM A5 lower?

Feedback Score

Question What would you do with a spare BCM A5 lower?

Last Christmas, I got one of these on sale: http://www.gandrtactical.com/BCM-Low...ion_p_156.html

Still haven’t done anything with it. I own two 16” ARs (one carbine length gas system, another a Knight’s SR-15 MOD2 16”) and I built myself a 18” SPR style rifle. Next on my list would be to go the SBR route. So what would you do? 11.5” SBR? 14.5 or another 16” RECCE style rifle? Brand preference? BCM vs. DD? Should I buy another Knight’s upper or just a complete Knight’s rifle? Should I go for 12.5”? I would put a Surefire FH on it and run it suppressed if I went the SBR route. I bought the A5 lower with the intent of building some sort of AR variant to run suppressed on occasion. Before I submit a Form 1, and this lower would be for life of course, I wanted to get some sort of plan together. A friend suggested a Colt FBI 11.5” barrel as an option. I could definitely see a 11.5” gun as a home defense tool.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'd do SBR next, you have non-ATF lengths fairly well covered. 11.5 for use with a full length can or if you can find a 12.5 that you like, those seem to work with shorty cans. If you can swing the cost, a KAC CQB upper would probably be hard to beat. Otherwise, I'd just get a BCM. I've said it many times, but I feel that you get a little bit more for your money with BCM than DD.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Kino.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    SBR the lower. Like Wake said you have most of the lengths covered. I have a 10.5" Noveske and it's a bit over gassed even with the switchblock set at suppressed. Other than being over gassed I have had no issues with it. I shoot it more than my other AR's. It is suppressed and one thing i wish I would have done is get a 7.62 suppressor instead of a 5.56 one. Main reason is that i also have a LMT MWS and a 300 Blackout that I built. So I'm going to have to take the time and hassled of getting a 7.62 suppressor now. If i had done it in the 1st place I could use the same suppressor for all of my weapons.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If I did not already have the BCM Kino, I would get it or the FBI 11.5” barrel with Colt upper.
    Personally, I would much prefer a free-floated M-Lok Kino, were it an option; I run mine with a drop in MI Handguard..

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...m4-12%20kd.htm

https://www.sharkarms.com/

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    SBR it and go with a BCM 11.5" upper or a Sionics upper with the 11.5" RGP or ERGP barrel.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Fed Ex it directly to me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The Tide pod kids will strike again. Just save it for that rainy day (it's what I did!).
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Any thoughts on an LMT MRP?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Sell it and save for a KAC ambi lower or a LMT MARS lower.

When you SBR something and engrave your lower, I go for the best quality that's out there. All my BCM SBR lowers sit in a parts drawer and were replaced with KAC ambi lowers. I have 2 BCM lowers that don't take gen3 pmags either. Never an issue with my KAC or LMT stuff.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast