Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do with a spare BCM A5 lower?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Do it. Especially with Brownells pricing on the 10.5 upper. All you will need will be the BCG, charging handle, and sight set up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Sell it and save for a KAC ambi lower or a LMT MARS lower.

When you SBR something and engrave your lower, I go for the best quality that's out there. All my BCM SBR lowers sit in a parts drawer and were replaced with KAC ambi lowers. I have 2 BCM lowers that don't take gen3 pmags either. Never an issue with my KAC or LMT stuff.
    As someone who has multiple BCM lowers, I agree.

The LMT MARS lowers are awesome, especially the stripped version for $275. Now that I have one they'll more than likely be the only lowers I buy, besides the occasional KAC.

I believe you can buy the LMT MWS .308 receiver extension separate to run the A5 buffer and spring too if you wanted. Pair it with an MRP upper and you're set.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    A friend suggested a Colt FBI 11.5” barrel as an option.
    Solid advise IMHO. BCM or other quality upper in 11.5 or 12.5 would be great as well. In your case I would personally lean towards a factory BCM upper just to have a complete BCM gun. If something goes wrong with it you can always talk to them to have it fixed without excuses.

Feedback Score
    Sell it. I have had bad luck with BCM and their customer service sucks
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve had great luck with my 12.5” BCM SBR, and recommend that route if you’re looking at SBR’ing the lower. Then again, as others have mentioned, it is nice to have a few lowers squirreled away for a rainy day.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I would continue to hang on to it, and if you choose to go the sbr route, buy a factory rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12