Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Dan Wesson Custom 10mm Commandrt

Feedback Score
    Hey KTR03.... Any up dates?
    That IS an Awesome DW & some sweet shooting there too bro.!
    Peace Mav

Feedback Score
    Sorry. Life exploded... Work and kiddo with tonsils... Soon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Sorry. Life exploded...
    Believe me, we get that. I hate it when that happens. Gook luck with the kiddo.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Believe me, we get that. I hate it when that happens. Gook luck with the kiddo.
    So I made it back to the range. Put 150 rounds of Magtech 180 grain FMJ through the gun. Its not full house, but its not a FBI lite load either. 150 rounds in a session out of a commander is certainly a lot. The gun continues to be wicked accurate. My issue is that I am getting a consistent failure to go into battery at least one a magazine. Usually it just takes a nudge on the back of the slide, but it is not becoming less frequent. The gun is soaking wet with EWL Slick 2000. Still doesn't seem to help.

WHat say you guys? different spring? Contact Dan Wesson? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not a 1911 guy (although I seem to have accidentally acquired 3 in 10mm).

Thanks,

Damien
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I had failure to go into battery too in my new Valor ( when it was new) due to extremely tight fit but after about 500 rounds everything settled in and it has been absolutely flawless ever since.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    So I made it back to the range. Put 150 rounds of Magtech 180 grain FMJ through the gun. Its not full house, but its not a FBI lite load either. 150 rounds in a session out of a commander is certainly a lot. The gun continues to be wicked accurate. My issue is that I am getting a consistent failure to go into battery at least one a magazine. Usually it just takes a nudge on the back of the slide, but it is not becoming less frequent. The gun is soaking wet with EWL Slick 2000. Still doesn't seem to help.

WHat say you guys? different spring? Contact Dan Wesson? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not a 1911 guy (although I seem to have accidentally acquired 3 in 10mm).

Thanks,

Damien
    Nice shooting, nice gun!

How's the crimp on the ammo? The few factory rounds i've shot through my high end 1911s, if they jammed it was because their wasnt enough crimp.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Thanks,

Damien
    Assuming this has a standard style 1911 extractor, I’d look at extractor tension first. If it’s excessive, it can prevent the gun from going into battery.

Feedback Score
    What type of recoil spring is it? Flatwire or normal? 22 or 24 lb? Might need to be heavier, but I have no clue what the standard is for a commander length 10 mm.

Feedback Score
    I would also wait for the full 500 round break in to pass judgment. The feed ramp may need some polishing as well.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Check extractor tension
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12