Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10 magazines

Feedback Score

AR10 magazines

So now that I've decided that a Armalite Def 10 may very well be the best choice for my needs what's the best choice in mags? Not that crazy about Magpul and was leaning towards D&H but as usual I'm going to need a little help, what say the people in the know? Which ones are trouble free.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    So now that I've decided that a Armalite Def 10 may very well be the best choice for my needs what's the best choice in mags? Not that crazy about Magpul and was leaning towards D&H but as usual I'm going to need a little help, what say the people in the know? Which ones are trouble free.
    What's wrong with the Magpul mags? I run them without issue. The only other 762/308 mags I run are KAC magazines, and those aren't cheap.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I just like metal mags, have a bunch of Magpul AR15 mags and they have worked O.K. I'm just not sure that for hard use and long term ownership that they would be the best choice????

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    I just like metal mags, have a bunch of Magpul AR15 mags and they have worked O.K. I'm just not sure that for hard use and long term ownership that they would be the best choice????
    Magazines are disposable. Run them until you can't run them anymore or buy mag "repair kits". If you can burn through that many magazines in your lifetime due to that heavy a firing schedule I envy you. I'd stock up on shitload of PMAGs and run the piss out of them. I dig the appeal of metal mags, and there's not a shortage of those in my personal stash.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    A little voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that .308 mags take a real beating with the increased weight of the ammo and recoil thus driving the bullet tips hard into the front of the mag? I've seen a fair share of junk mags but with the big AR I don't have a clue which ones are the ones to stock up on? I'm well aware that mags are Disposable Items, I'm also aware that my wallet has a bottom so if given the choice of equal quality I'll always chose metal

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

D&H Mags

While I have admittedly not tried the current generation, two original D&H .308 mags I purchased were so large that they would not fit into the magazine well of a LWRC Repr Mk2 or SR25. D&H was also not responsive when I contacted them about the issue. I've used their AR mags sold through BCM for years but would steer clear of the .308 mags.

In the .308 AR game, the specs are all over the place so there are no guarantees for any mags. I would recommend using what the manufacture recommends for their rifles. Most will probably be P-Mags since most don't make their own mags, other than Larue and KAC.

Feedback Score
    There's also the Lancer .308 magazines.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I've had decently good luck so far with IMI mags, but need to run some more rounds through them to be totally conclusive on the matter.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    KAC/thread.

Yellowfin: Roll Tide!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’m .308/6.5CM I run and have run MagPul, Lancer and KAC. In order of preference, I like the Lancers in polymer due to the metal feed lips, but mine had springs that are STIFF AF. The 20 rounders really do best with 18 rounds. Now, 18 rounds of .308 will solve MANY problems, but the MagPuls take a full 20 just fine. I love the KAC 20’s, but the cost is not as conducive to buying cheap and stacking deep. Day in and day out: Lancer & PMag.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast