Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10 magazines

Feedback Score
    What's the best deal on Lancers??

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    What's the best deal on Lancers??
    I read am article on SR25 mags and it went KAC, of course and Lancer were very good for the price. I want to try them. But I have two KAC in the rotation for years and they keep rolling. Pmags have worked fine for me but KAC mags let your run longer cartridges.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I read am article on SR25 mags and it went KAC, of course... But I have two KAC in the rotation for years and they keep rolling. Pmags have worked fine for me but KAC mags let your run longer cartridges.

PB
    Good point I forgot to mention. KAC does indeed let longer cartridges fit/function.

I see no point in buying anything other than KAC. Don't like the price? Save. They are the Tier 1 mag.

Feedback Score
    I'm starting to think a guy can go broke buying a AR style .308! Paying $100 bucks for one mag is crazy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    I'm starting to think a guy can go broke buying a AR style .308! Paying $100 bucks for one mag is crazy.
    Brother, once you pay $5000 for a KAC SR-25, $100 mags seem reasonable. �� Ask me how I know.

Feedback Score
    I know the feeling well, Big Boy toy's come with a price tag. That JD Green paint next to the garage that I play with cost about what a nice 4X4 truck will run you. Still, I'm prone to crying a lot!

Feedback Score
    I have had many issues with my Lancer 308 mags. I bought 2 due to the appeal of metal feed lips, but they have not been reliable for me. The spring is very stiff and the rounds don't seem to like to feed out of those mags, especially if i load them with 20 rounds.

The Magpul mags on the otherhand, have been flawless for me and i've never had an issue. I only run magpul mags now in my AR10. I've never tried KAC mags. YMMV

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AR10 magazines

10 and 20 round PMAGS have always run well in my 308 ARs.

I've got 6 old DPMS and C Products 20 round magazines, and they also work reliably, after I adjusted their feed lips a bit.

I have no desire to try Lancers since PMAGS work, for 1/2 the price (or way less than that for KAC).
    Last edited by grizzman; 09-10-18 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    Anyone try the Hexmag? ACS mags???(not sure on the last one)

Feedback Score
    Pmag 10's, 20's and 25's work fine in my Armalite DEF10 so I see no reason to try others.

Okay, I did consider getting some Brownells aluminum (I think they're aluminum?) but I saw too many poor reviews of them. Maybe they are better now I dunno.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast