Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AR10 magazines

Feedback Score
    Can't believe that Brownells would drop the ball so bad on their AR 10 style mags, I don't think I've ever read a postive thing about them? Wonder if Brownells feels the same way about their AR10 style mags as I do about the Detroit Lions!

Feedback Score
    I’ve mostly used Magpuls, without issue. I have a couple Hexmags, tried once and worked fine. Just got a few Lancers but haven’t used them yet.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I live in Jersey.. Hex mags makes 10 rounders in 20 round bodies so I bought a bunch of those. They all fit and function fine in my MWS but the feed lips feel flimsy and visibly flex more than the single pmag I own. The rounds bounce around much more than a pmag. Second round from the top always floats around when im loading the mags up. Have been out of the firearms game while at attending school for a while so this may be normal and I just forgot. I predict hexmags will have a much shorter shelf life than pmags.
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    With my experience of having one Ar-10, I have learned that magazines are hit or miss with your specific rifle. My rifle will run Pmag 20s but not 25s. My rifle will run Brownells 20s and Lancer 25s all day long suppressed and unsuppressed. My suggestion is buy a few different ones and see what works for you.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Just caught a deal at Brownells for 10% off and free shipping so I ordered a D&H 20 rd and a Magpul 20rd, We'll see if they run in my AR10 Armalite?

Feedback Score
    Got to the range yesterday to try the mags I got from Brownell's, both the Magpul and the D&H ran great. Neither will drop free when empty but pull out easy and lock back after the last round every time. I think both mags are great but kinda like the D&H a little better because of being shorter, now I need too try and find a great deal on both!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I know this is a necro, but figure it continues in the same vein.

For those using Aero M5 lowers, which (if any) mags will typically drop free?

As context, mine will fit three new D&H 20 rd mags, but are stiff going in require a tug to release.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I've got Magpuls and a Aero M5 lower.
    Have been dropping free every time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No experience with Aero, but if you are police/fire/ems/leo KAC will honor a service discount ~$82/mag. Over a span of time I bought 20 plus a few used or preowned that serve as my range mags. Have a nice stash of magpul m3 20 rounders also, and tried the e-landers (primary arms), KAC like build lesser quality feel. KAC is where it's at in my book. You can pick up used mags from time to time if new is too rich...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Anyone try the Hexmag? ACS mags???(not sure on the last one)
    you mean ASC mags? i have them and they are GTG in my LMT MWS.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast