Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: AR10 magazines

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    LaRue makes a 20rd 308 AR mag that seems to get good reviews as well. Not cheap and I don’t have any personal experience with them but it’s another choice.

I’ve been running Magpul 20s in my OBR and haven’t seen any problems.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    Brother, once you pay $5000 for a KAC SR-25, $100 mags seem reasonable. �� Ask me how I know.
    Funny shit right there!!

I run KAC mags too, but recently tried the $15.99 D&H mags and they are worth for that price. They copied the fck out of KAC earlier GEN mags, materials are not going to be the same, but it gets you a metal mag until you can grab a couple KAC's.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-29-20 at 18:52.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah the $15 D&H mags match my $1350 CM762.

I'd almost feel bad using a $100 KAC mag in the Colt. Like fancy F#$%ing a cheap whore. Why?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LaRue mags are outstanding. I use KAC, LaRue, and Magpul mags. The LaRue are hands down the nicest.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I've only used Magpul 20 and 25 round mags in my LE901 with no issues.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m not going to get rid of the D&H mags, but the Magpul mags drop free just fine.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Another 40 rounds through 2 D&Hs, zero issues.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I know this is a necro, but figure it continues in the same vein.

For those using Aero M5 lowers, which (if any) mags will typically drop free?

As context, mine will fit three new D&H 20 rd mags, but are stiff going in require a tug to release.
    Magpul and KAC drop free out of mine. I bought a couple of Hexmag ones to try out. They require effort to remove from them magwell. I would avoid those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I mostly use Magpul magazines in my LMT, but I have had good luck with the Brownells “waffle” magazines that they have been producing for their Retro rifles.EAF64076-8DD3-4B62-8501-FF68FEF631AD.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    I mostly use Magpul magazines in my LMT, but I have had good luck with the Brownells “waffle” magazines that they have been producing for their Retro rifles.EAF64076-8DD3-4B62-8501-FF68FEF631AD.jpg
    I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if already mentioned:

Brownell's has two versions of the waffle mag. Version One is a light aluminum mag body with deep waffle imprint that was the original retro mag. These look fantastic and have worked well for me. But they are fairly lightly constructed and are not likely to stand up to continued use. I can't imagine one doing well if full and dropped on concrete.

The second version is a steel magazine. I believe it is made by E-Lander. It has the waffle pattern but it isn't as deep as the aluminum version. Anyway, this is probably the mag I would go with if I wanted dedicated metal mags for whatever reason. They are fairly inexpensive, seem durable and have worked fine in a couple different 308 pattern ARs.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...rod123702.aspx

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...rod130460.aspx

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast