Thread: Midwest Industries Ultra Light Weight Handguards

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Midwest Industries Ultra Light Weight Handguards

Midwest Industries Ultra Light Weight Handguards (MI-ULW)

Though Midwest Industries has always been conscious of weight when it comes to our handguards we have taken it to a new level with the Midwest Industries Ultra Light Weight (ULW) line of our combat handguards.

These handguards are made of 6061 aluminum and are type III hard coat anodized.

The barrel nut and hardware are made of grade 5 titanium.

They feature 4 sides of M-LOK slots for the mounting of accessories and have 2 built in QD anti rotation sockets for use with a QD sling.

The outside diameter is 1.5” and the inside diameter is 1.3”

These handguards go through a dehorning and deburring process for both aesthetics as well as functional purposes.

These handguards install without requiring the heating of any parts, timing of the barrel nut, shims or special fasteners, and without the use of any Loctite or other adhesives.

A barrel nut wrench as well as the needed Allen head wrenches are included.

All weights posted include all mounting hardware.

One five slot polymer M-LOK rail section is included with each handguard.

Like everything we make this handguard is 100% made in the USA and is backed by our Lifetime Warranty.

The 10.5” weight is 6.8 oz
    The 12.625” weight is 7.9 oz
    The 14” weight is 8.4 oz
    The 15” weight is 8.9 oz

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/category-s/551.htm

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't mind having something like this if it's a "drop-in" unit that uses the original delta ring and front sight handguard cap. I don't mount much in the handguard area and I prefer the KISS principle. I also like the idea of a really lightweight, skeletonized handguard that dissipates heat quickly and weighs potentially less than the factor handguard (if possible).

Let me get my bag of fairy dust out....

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I wouldn't mind having something like this if it's a "drop-in" unit that uses the original delta ring and front sight handguard cap. I don't mount much in the handguard area and I prefer the KISS principle. I also like the idea of a really lightweight, skeletonized handguard that dissipates heat quickly and weighs potentially less than the factor handguard (if possible).

Let me get my bag of fairy dust out....
    They already make that....

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...mi-17m-blk.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Oh, cool. I missed that one while browsing their website. I don't usually shop for that kind of thing and my search-fu on their website was lacking. I have seen those before. I guess I was expecting one that looks more like the pic in the first post of this thread.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-13-18 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    That drop in unit is nice. I’ve had it on a Kino upper for a few years. Definitely heats up with a couple magazines, as would anything else similar.