Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Just Built an AR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creek21 View Post
    OK so not knowing any better I built an AR with PSA upper and MAG Tactical lower. Gun would not run with old mags from 1980. Ammo was from same time period. 55 gr Remington. I stated this in my first post. Now ordered PMAGS. Ran 300 rounds trough gun no problems feeds great and at 50 yards I can cover group with the end of a soda can. I am very happy with my $400.00 gun. Now that I know gun will run I will put another 2-300 rounds and if no problems will use it as a truck gun.
    Congratulations. Glad to see it worked out for you with a simple solution. PSA runs some good sales of ammo with 10 or so pmags thrown in time to time. Sometimes with free shipping. It's best to get on their (and other places) mailing list to receive a "heads-up" email. At times the inventory can sell out quickly.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Evidently you didn't google "MAG Tactical" before buying the lower. There is a reason they are out of business.

I know several people that bought them. Nothing but problems, but they thought it was cool since it was lightweight and made in Indiana.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Creek21 - Glad it has worked out for you so far.

Maybe try some new D&H aluminum mags to see if they would work (Palmetto is selling them for 6.99). I know a lot of folks swear by PMAGS, and I certainly have no experience to the contrary, but Pmags generally run several dollars more per mag than USGI's, generally floating between 12 and 14 dollars for the Pmags.

Let us know how it is working for you after another couple hundred rounds.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I run D&H mags with my stock PSA M4 and have never had a problem with them. The only problem I ever had was failure of the bolt to lock open when I used original Colt 20 rd mags designed for use with the M16 and Colt SP-1 (some of those even have the original aluminum followers). I also have 1 20 rd D&H and two 10 rd PMAGS which I use with the bench rest or when I don't want the long 30 rd mags and they work fine. Like I said the only mags that gave my PSA problems were the old Colts, which by the way work fine with the SP-1.
    Last edited by mlberry; 09-14-18 at 05:09.

Feedback Score
    No I did google MTI. It seems most do not have a problem. But I got the whole lower and stock as a gift. All I had to do was put it together and buy a upper. So really for me it is a $275.00 gun. I do not think that I will need any more than 4 mags. So I will stick with PMAGS. I did find that some of my old Alum. mags are working too. So now I have 6 total.
    I want to thank all that have made suggestions on how to improve the PSA AR. The one thing I did get out of all of this is how easy it is to build an AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    D&H is good to go and some magazines are in fact re-badged D&Hs. Between now and year's end, keep your eyes on some really good ammunition / magazine pkg sales from PSA.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456