Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AR based SBR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Far right is my 6.8 SBR. 12.5" AR15 Performance barrel and bolt,SLR adjustable gas block, Larue Stealth Upper and handguard,Young Chrome NM bolt carrier,LMT lower.Geissele S3G trigger,Surefire FA762K suppressor,
    Last edited by ARx3; 08-13-19 at 00:37.
    I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Hey Gang,

So I have an odd situation - a problem that we should all want to have. I got a form 1 back from our ATF friends for an LMT lower. I had forgotten about it, and now get to decide what to build. Here is my issue: I have the following SBRs: ps90, 9mm AR, 300 BO AR, 5.56 AR, Sig 553, Sig 553R, Sig 551. So in terms of pistol calibers, sub calibers, and intermediate calibers, I am pretty much covered.

I was thinking I could do a 458 Socom, 50 beowolf or something like that, but I don't have a burning use for one of those. Was also thinking a Mk 18 would be cool. I could also do a 22LR, but that seems like a waste. If you all had an SBR lower and your core needs/wants are taken care off, what would you get? I know, this is a totally bourgeois angst "problem" but would still like some suggestions.

Thanks,
    You're looking at this backwards. You shouldn't be asking what caliber to build. As long as the lower will accept the magazine, it can be the caliber of any upper you fit to it. Your real question is, what kind of lower should you build? Do you have a lower using a collapsing or folding stock to keep your SBR as short as possible? Do you want to fit it with special or ambidextrous controls? Is there a grip, trigger or stock you need or want?

Focus just on how you want the lower configured. Once it's put together, you can run almost any upper on it you want.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    starting to lean towards a Mk 18. You guys thinking Daniel Defense or someone else?

D
    If you are making a Mk18, there is no one else but DD. Brownells has complete uppers, with proper sized gas ports and the all-important rail. For a 'true' MK18, you'd swap the DD upper for a colt (keeping the barrel and rail), but I forgot to do that on mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd reconsider a 22 upper. Get a cmmg 4.5 inch 22lr barrel, put a rail over it, and put a 22 suppressor on the end. Get a better mag adapter and run smith and wesson m&p15-22 mags. Its a stupidly fun tiny combo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You're looking at this backwards. You shouldn't be asking what caliber to build. As long as the lower will accept the magazine, it can be the caliber of any upper you fit to it. Your real question is, what kind of lower should you build? Do you have a lower using a collapsing or folding stock to keep your SBR as short as possible? Do you want to fit it with special or ambidextrous controls? Is there a grip, trigger or stock you need or want?

Focus just on how you want the lower configured. Once it's put together, you can run almost any upper on it you want.
    I am asking about the upper because I already have lower configured the way I want it(ambi controls, soomod stock...). I was asking about calibers because thats what I want info about, whether you think kthat is backwards or not. Thanks for contributing to the thread.
    In terms of the others thanks for the info.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12