Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Man killed carrying inside his own house

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Man killed carrying inside his own house

I was highlighting the absurdity of trying to rationalize anything other than lethal force when a firearm gets employed and a trigger pulled.

But it’s cool because F the police, especially the racist ones at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 10-01-19 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Well if the situation had been reversed and the victim accidentally entered her house and shot a female officer dead in her own home, do you think he would have been charged with murder? I think there is a 100% chance he would have been.

So the law has been applied equally here, which is nice. Off to prison for her.
    To me, this is the crux of the issue. She was off duty, and thus has to be held to the same standard as Jo Citizen. (as that was who she was at the time).

If any of us had done this we would be buried under the jail.

All that said, I have to wonder if some substance was not involved. I'm sure they checked, but even identical apartments are decorated differently, smell different, etc. The fact she did not pick up on that is problematic. Probably playing pokemon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I was highlighting the absurdity of trying to rationalize anything other than lethal force when a firearm gets employed and a trigger pulled.

Settle down man. No need to go full triggered. She royally effed up and is going to pay for it as she should. No one is bashing LEOs.

I can't stress this enough. She went to the wrong door. No problem that happens. Opened that door and then didn't notice it was not her place. Not sure how that is possible but ok. Then she shot a guy eating ice cream on his own couch. Not charging her, not holding a gun, not even standing close to the door..... sitting at the couch eating some ice cream in an apartment that was his and didn't look like hers. Then if that wasn't good enough she decided to stop rendering aid a few times to text her married boyfriend.

Everyone here in Dallas is now safer with her off the streets and no longer being around a gun let alone be in any type of authority position.

Again, this has nothing to do with F the police and everything to do with holding everyone to at least the same standards. It could be argued that given her position as a LEO she should be held to high standard.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    but even identical apartments are decorated differently, smell different, etc. The fact she did not pick up on that is problematic. Probably playing pokemon
    Agreed. Even if the outside looked the same the inside is different. She missed every single detail telling her it wasn't her apartment accept the guy eating ice cream on the couch.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

She made the choice to shoot. Apparently murder and man slaughter charges in Texas are not the same as in most states.

I think Illinois may be the same if memory serves correctly about another shooting incident. A few years back, a police officer was driving along and someone in a crowd yelled something at him and he responded by firing a shot out of his car which killed a member of the group which got him charged with man slaughter. Not long after the court session started the judge tossed the case because the officer intended to shoot someone while man slaughter required an unintended outcome.

I don't think the juries vote F the police, more like not F'ing a guy sitting in his home eating ice cream.

Are you troubled by her co-workers letting her run around the crime scene unfettered (and armed) along with cutting off recording devices? Or the mechanisms that got her placed in an elite unit?
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-01-19 at 15:21.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Guilty.

I hope she gets SERIOUS time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They are tearing her character apart now...reading off old texts: negative comments about MLK & the like. Sentence should be soon.

Edit...saying sentencing will be delayed till tomorrow??

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Guilty.

I hope she gets SERIOUS time.

Last edited by Artos; 10-01-19 at 16:24.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    They are tearing her character apart now...reading off old texts: negative comments about MLK & the like.
    Who is "they"?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    They are tearing her character apart now...reading off old texts: negative comments about MLK & the like. Sentence should be soon.
    They are probably concerned, like some of us are, that she'll get some limp dikc 5 year sentence, which really means out in 2.5-3.

She needs a solid 20+ behind bars.

I'm not a cop hater but just because you pin on a fracking badge & gun for a living doesn't make you always right or untouchable by the law.

Especially off duty, you are just Joe-citizen.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Agreed. Even if the outside looked the same the inside is different. She missed every single detail telling her it wasn't her apartment accept the guy eating ice cream on the couch.
    She missed every single detail including the guy eating ice cream on the couch.

IIRC, during the officer's testimony, she said that she heard someone on the other side of the door and drew her gun before she even entered the apartment. Which doesn't help with the whole, "looking to kill someone," look.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast