Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Man killed carrying inside his own house

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Reading between the lines the whole situation was a giant poop show. While I have no idea how Parkinson's home is set up it strikes me as very odd that their kitchen window is at a angle viewable from someone knocking at the door. Second, the Sheriff Deputy was responding to a call where he believes someone is threatening the lives of others would it not behoove them to have their red and blue lightbar strobing? Finally the Judge dropping the case on the mother-in-law just because the victim's family did not show up in court is a complete and total dick move.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This is the 21st century - patrol cops wear body cams. Not to mention ballistics and trajectory evidence.

If someone pointed a gun at you and did not respond to verbal ID / commands - what would you do ?

If you are on a gun forum and your answer is anything but shoot you are lying.
    It would be interesting to see the body cam footage, if there is any. This happened in January just after midnight. The window was probably closed, it was light inside the house and dark outside. Could the man inside the home really see anything at all through the window? Could he hear commands to drop the gun with the window closed and his dogs barking?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Taking the economics of Walker County Alabama into account I would be surprised if their Sheriff Deputies are even sporting body cams. Not all counties or PDs in some of the more populated regions of the US are running them. KCPD for one.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This is the 21st century - patrol cops wear body cams. Not to mention ballistics and trajectory evidence.

If someone pointed a gun at you and did not respond to verbal ID / commands - what would you do ?

And if there was body cam footage showing a justified shooting it would have been released. So guy goes in kitchen and turns on lights, he can no longer see out windows, officer outside in dark sees gun pointed at window and kills innocent man. What would I do, I like to think I would step out of line of fire, knowing the person I am watching cannot see me and observe. But I am not a highly trained police officer who has it drilled into my head that "everyone with a gun is a threat", "the only important thing is that I get to go home at end of watch" and "even if it's a bad shoot, if it's a white guy the union and grand jury will protect me".
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Didn't this thread get locked last time? I think the only thing everyone can agree on is that MIL should be held accountable for something. There have been a handful of cases recently where the "Swat-er"-caller was charged. It's kind of a slam-dunk manslaughter charge, since no reasonable person would believe that making a "dangerous, armed person" call to the police wouldn't result in a situation with a high probability of death or GBH for someone...it gets greyer as you go down the rabbit hole of causation, though, to obtain a conviction - at least as many laws are currently written. The law needs to be updated to reflect these kinds of incidents.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    Reading between the lines the whole situation was a giant poop show. While I have no idea how Parkinson's home is set up it strikes me as very odd that their kitchen window is at a angle viewable from someone knocking at the door. Second, the Sheriff Deputy was responding to a call where he believes someone is threatening the lives of others would it not behoove them to have their red and blue lightbar strobing? Finally the Judge dropping the case on the mother-in-law just because the victim's family did not show up in court is a complete and total dick move.
    This is a shit show. It seems neither the victim’s family NOR law enforcement showed up for the 911 abuse case. I’ll wager they figured it was a waste of time to charge a murdering POS with a misdemeanor 911 abuse charge. Absolutely no justice there.

I think it’s about time that abuse of 911 laws are updated to better reflect the utter stupidity of our nation. Although, it’s going to be the equivalent of pissing in the wind trying to prove intent in most cases.

Feedback Score
    I really don’t know enough about what happened to judge.

With some videos on other cases here my replies have been:

That was straight up murder, to which everyone agrees.

He handled that professionally, with some agreeing, some not.

Those were a total bunch of assclowns, with some disagreeing so much I was getting PMs about how people stand in a doorway and running up to stand in a doorway, and running up to shoot virtually foxhole periscope style in the doorway after flagging each other and not turning on Eotech s and such were not assclowns.

Good shoot. With most not agreeing.

And that was with videos.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well, call me a liar, been there done that. Out side a modular home one midnight, I was looking through a window, covering my partner,who was knocking on the door. A dog in a pen outside was going apeshit. Guy walks into the kitchen with a shotgun, I holler, 'Dave, he's got a gun' at the same time rapping on the window and hollering police. As he was turning towards me I thought to myself, no way he heard me with this fvcking dog barking and rolled out of the way.

Dave and I both scrambled to harder cover, had dispatch call the house and tell the guy to come out. Which he did.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Just saw this story which is possibly even more of a shit show.

How the hell does this happen.
    https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/.../287-591760228
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Just saw this story which is possibly even more of a shit show.

How the hell does this happen.
    https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/.../287-591760228
    Jesus Christ man!! How hammered was that cop?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast