Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting - Cincinnati (5 shot, 3 dead, 1 critical, perp dead)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMM View Post
    Why did the cop lay his rifle down to draw his handgun?!?!?!

Maybe he was afraid of over penetration with so many people possible in the lobby.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMM View Post
    Why did the cop lay his rifle down to draw his handgun?!?!?!
    Was there not a mag or did he have a 10 rounder in there?

I thought I heard some full auto (at a pretty good rate)??

Did the rifleman run out of ammo and ditch it?

The shooter seemed pretty cool. Walking around, one handing it. Dressed in business attire. Looked almost like the movie HEAT bank robbery scene.

1 cop runs across the windows (0:54)
    We see a cop with a rifle (0:58) so now we have the cop who ran across the windows, the rifle laying down cop and the body cam cop.
    at 1:01 you can see a (new?) set of feet of someone just to the right of the body cam cop who is standing in front of the windows. Was this the guy shooting full auto? You never see above his thighs.

They released the body cams with the least useful viewpoints.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I see it all the time in training. A career of carrying shotguns with no slings and nobody slings their rifle when they jump out of the car under stress. I constantly see people set the long gun down on the ground in the kneeling when they have to transition to the handgun. We did it for years with the shotgun because of safely keeping the muzzle down range. Lots of seasoned officers also feel the need to go to the handgun going around corners or into doorways. Under stress you always revert back to your most basic training unless you have spent years training differently. I hope the number two guy picked it up. David

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Mass shooting - Cincinnati (5 shot, 3 dead, 1 critical, perp dead)

Interesting. Arrested in Broward county for among other things resisting arrest; yet he is out and about walking and able to legally purchase guns. What does that now make the tally of “known to police”, previous criminal activity unpunished, unreported,...

We don’t have a gun problem or a violence problem, but a legal system problem.

Feedback Score
    It looked to me like the cop with the rifle never had a magazine (in the video). I think he accidentally dropped his magazine, had one round in the chamber, fired it, and realized what happened and abandoned the rifle.

Edit: I just watched the vid again, I don't think he ever got a shot off. I think he brought an unloaded rifle to a gun fight. He also has one of those Hk style three point slings that were popular in the early 2000's on the rifle. I don't think he's very familiar with it (the rifle). I looked on the ground on the way to the scene for the magazine, and didn't see it, so it's probably in his car somewhere.

Props to the female cop wearing the body cam. She's a bad ass.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CdKwX_1536350886
    Last edited by eodinert; 09-08-18 at 19:33.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post

Edit: I just watched the vid again, I don't think he ever got a shot off. I think he brought an unloaded rifle to a gun fight. He also has one of those Hk style three point slings that were popular in the early 2000's on the rifle. I don't think he's very familiar with it (the rifle). I looked on the ground on the way to the scene for the magazine, and didn't see it, so it's probably in his car somewhere.

I watched that video several times, at least 5 times. At the 1:27 mark, the officer with the AR fired one shot and the magazine dropped, a clear distinct sound of loaded mag on concrete, he yelled "fu c k" then fumbled with the rifle as he dropped it and drew the handgun.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    It looked to me like the cop with the rifle never had a magazine (in the video). I think he accidentally dropped his magazine, had one round in the chamber, fired it, and realized what happened and abandoned the rifle.

Props to the female cop wearing the body cam. She's a bad ass.

Watch her shots through the glass- she follows the shooter all the way to the floor.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I watched that video several times, at least 5 times. At the 1:27 mark, the officer with the AR fired one shot and the magazine dropped, a clear distinct sound of loaded mag on concrete, he yelled "fu c k" then fumbled with the rifle as he dropped it and drew the handgun.
    And left an AR and a magazine behind unattended.

Feedback Score
    Search @abbyanstead on Twitter. Looks like the shitstain used a taurus g2c and suffered a jam. Apparently purchased gun on August 2nd. Another interesting thing to note is that he had roughly 200 rounds of ammo in boxes with him. Didn’t have them loaded in magazines. I don’t think he was that familiar with the weapon...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I watched it several times too, looking for the magazine. It wasn't until I read the above, watched the video again, and very clearly heard the mag dropping.

I think what sounded like full-auto are pistol shots, glass breaking, and echoes from each.

I've never thought rock-in magazines (AK, M14, etc) were inferior to straight-in, just a different choice.

How many times have we all laughed at guys who fire a shot (or less) as the magazine falls to the ground during a competition/training? Too many to count. Glad the cop is okay. He's now the .gif for push-pull!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast