Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NFA rules apply for SHTF?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I think wisdom dictates having a single point of failure (one gun to rule them all) is a bad idea. That’s why we have “backups”. I also do not believe in having one AR to do everything, but that’s my own personal opinion.
    I distilled your question to: in the absence of rule of law will anyone care about NFA compliant items?
    I don’t know, I’ve never been in the US where the rule of law was absent. However, I do know that whatever firearms I have, I want to be proficient in. That means they have to leave my home and travel with me to the area to where I train. There’s risk associated with that, if you choose to ignore NFA rules.
    I don’t agree with the BS regulations around NFA items, but they are the law. I can’t condemn what the libtards politicians do, if I myself act as though I’m above the law, and ignore NFA rules. So I either have an AR pistol or tax stamped approved lowers, or pinned muzzle devices. That way there is no issue or conflict with training with my tools, internally with my own moral code or with law enforcement.
    As far as the 80% is concerned. Mill away, I would just make sure whatever you bolt it to is legal. That way you can shoot with it and make sure it’s squared away. (As long as local/state law doesn’t say otherwise.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The guns I run are the guns I'd use in disaster. Full Auto is just as useless to me in SHTF as it is now. I really see it drawing more unwanted attention than anything else.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    full auto is for things belt fed

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    full auto is for things belt fed
    I agree.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I agree.
    That isn’t to say if I had a money tree in the backyard that I wouldn’t own one or two belt fed uppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I have been dwelling on this for some time, a few years to be exact. Is it necessary to consider building a non serialized (80%) F/A MK18 ghost just for a SHTF scenario? Or possibly a 10.3"-11.5" upper that can be switched more easily? Is a "solvent trap" a realistic alternative to a suppressor?
    If SHTF, things will be in short supply, F/A would be the last thing you would use. You would want to conserve.

No matter how cool, F/A, SBR or whatever may seem, almost all SHTF/HD solutions can be accomplished with a 6920.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Is a M4/AR15 good enough to be the only gun you need?
    One is none and 2 is one. As mentioned, the more you have, the more people on your side you can arm who may not already be armed for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Renegade; 09-07-18 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    Isn't it dangerous to have NFA type things in pieces because some alphabet soup agency might consider that "constructive intent?"
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-07-18 at 14:56.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I've always thought that this wasn't the best idea. I mean, with the exception of a close family member, if you don't already have the sense to be armed, there is a very dubious advantage in arming you. Do you really want to arm people that didn't have the sense to arm themselves, AND learn how to become proficient with their weapons, before the SHTF? Do you really want these people armed, and on YOUR side?
    I would have a hard time giving a weapon to someone else, especially a weapon that belonged to me. Because with that weapon, I would be giving them ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    With the advent of braced pistols, I think this isn't even a question any more.

Why SBR a AR type rifle when you can get the same function with a braced pistol. I was not fast to jump on the braced pistol band wagon. But the braces have evolved big time.

I have a mini Uzi pistol that is braced with a buffer tube and a Tailhook brace. It is ugly, but it's function is so much better than the original folding stock on the mini and micro uzi.

So why risk problems, if we are going through a bad time. Why take a risk at making your life worse than it already is?
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I agree.
    This really is my question, you kinda answered. I have a 11.5 KAC/Noveske with a SBA3 brace, I also have a LMT SOPMOD stock, though one is legal the other is illegal. In times of trouble or "off the grid" survival, wouldn't it be best to just swap the brace for a real stock? To me, the arm brace/SBR NFA rules seem to be counter productive.

I started thinking about this because of the number of so called "preppers" who are building "solvent traps"- which I think are pushing the threshold just like bump stocks. And likewise, the SBR with arm braces seem to be the governments way or letting us have our cake and eat it too which is weird. I don't think we will ever experience a full national level SHTF in our lifetime until the rapture and the tribulation leading up to the second coming of our Savior. Im not all to interested in owning a full auto gun of any type but I was pondering what an AR/M4 ghost gun might be worth in times of trouble. Probably shouldn't even be thinking about stuff like that but with what's going on in the world today its kinda hard not to think about potential future commodities.

I know ammo will be worth a lot when our government bans assault type weapons- and they will. Its inevitable. I know magazines and 80% lower receivers will be worth a lot and a 80% lowers that has been machined, I mean, "paperweights" will be worth their weight in gold.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I've always thought that this wasn't the best idea. I mean, with the exception of a close family member, if you don't already have the sense to be armed, there is a very dubious advantage in arming you. Do you really want to arm people that didn't have the sense to arm themselves, AND learn how to become proficient with their weapons, before the SHTF? Do you really want these people armed, and on YOUR side?
    Not optimal, but yes, crash course raw trigger pullers are better than being the only shooter. OJT would be a harsh school, but the survivors would learn quickly. Any casualty rate is preferable to 100%.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    ATF agent, we see you peeking over the fence.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast