Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NFA rules apply for SHTF?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    SHTF? We're living a "slow burn" SHTF. Short of a multi-city nuclear detonations, we're not going to see an instant erosion of government alphabet agencies willing to enforce laws.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you really want full auto, just buy it. You live in TX and based on your other posts you can afford all the NFA fun anyone would want. Why even consider something illegal when SubGuns.com can give you anything you would want?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    If you really want full auto, just buy it. You live in TX and based on your other posts you can afford all the NFA fun anyone would want. Why even consider something illegal when SubGuns.com can give you anything you would want?
    Autism speaks, Alex.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Same with silencers. Buy them. If the SHTF, you have a good, vetted supressor you know will last, not some oil can abortion that barely works, falls apart, and has substantial poi change.

With the cost of good supressors I just dont get the appeal other than to avoid being on a list. iMO, if the shtf, no list will natter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If I were in Kali, I'd be hauling mags back from AZ by the pallet right now. Not after the big one hits.
    Well, if you are taking orders.............

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    If we're talking about societal collapse who is going to come around and check for stamps?

If we're talking about some localized event like Hurricane Katrina, the rule of law is still in effect in unaffected areas. If you get hemmed up in the effected area or not is more akin to a roll of the proverbial dice.

In either scenario the hall monitors are going to have bigger fish to fry.
    This is the test. If someone is checking your equipment, you are probably not in a SHTF. If nobody cares and only asks you about more, your S has H the Fan.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I just dont get the appeal other than to avoid being on a list. iMO, if the shtf, no list will natter.
    Making.a stink about getting on some list they are probably already on is pointless.

Right along with most of us. At least veterans under 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Making.a stink about getting on some list they are probably already on is pointless.

Right along with most of us. At least veterans under 50.

Call me paranoid, but I have been under the impression for years now that if you have ever filled out a 4473, used a CC to purchase firearms, ammo, firearm parts and accessories then you are on a list somewhere.

After 9/11 the FBI created two flyers, one that was only to be disseminated among LE (from their Phoenix Field Office) and the other to surplus stores and FFL's (from their Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force). These flyers were anti-terror "be on the lookout for" type of thing. One would think after such an event as 9/11 we would see this sort of thing from the FBI looking out for jihadists, yeah that's not who they were looking for. At. All.

(Note: "Right Wing Extremists can be ANYONE who supports the Constitution and has ever attended a firearms training class)

Anyone ever make a "bulk purchase" of any of the following items?

• surplus steel ammo cans
    • weather proof match containers
    • MRE's
    • NVD's
    • flashlights
    • gasmasks
    • high capacity mags
    • bi-pods

As for Veterans, remember this from the Obama regime . . .

DHS' Domestic Terror Warning Angers GOP

Republicans said Wednesday that a Homeland Security Department intelligence assessment unfairly characterizes military veterans as right-wing extremists.
    The party's leader in the House of Representatives, Rep. John Boehner, described the report as offensive and demanded that the agency apologize to veterans.

The assessment also said that returning military veterans who have difficulties assimilating into their home communities could be susceptible to extremist recruiters or might engage in lone acts of violence.

"The department is engaging in political and ideological profiling of people who fought to keep our country safe from terrorism, uphold our nation's immigration laws, and protect our constitutional right to keep and bear arms," said Republican Rep. Gus Bilirakis.

Texas Rep. Lamar Smith, also a Republican, accused the department of painting "law-abiding Americans, including war veterans, as `extremists."'

Indiana Rep. Steve Buyer, the ranking Republican on the House Veterans' Affairs Committee, said it was "inconceivable" that the administration would consider military veterans a potential terror threat.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-dom...ng-angers-gop/
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    What constitutes a "bulk purchase?"

I guarantee no one ever orders magazines unless they order several. Same with ammo: who orders ammo unless it's in case quantity?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    What constitutes a "bulk purchase?"

I guarantee no one ever orders magazines unless they order several. Same with ammo: who orders ammo unless it's in case quantity?
    My Surefure and Streamlight flashlight collection alone must have me flagged on some list at the ICCNCIDC. I've also purchased my fair share of MRE's, mags, match containers, etc. over the years.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast