Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NFA rules apply for SHTF?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    My Surefure and Streamlight flashlight collection alone must have me flagged on some list at the ICCNCIDC. I've also purchased my fair share of MRE's, mags, match containers, etc. over the years.
    Constructive intent for hunting and camping if I ever saw it. You'll be labeled a Fudd in their database

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    “Is a M4/AR15 good enough to be the only gun you need?”

The more guns you have, the more people on your side you can arm. If things get that bad there won’t be any general law enforcement. Cops have families to protect too. Forming a large enough group to fend off mobs and marauding gangs would be your best bet to survive.
    You would think/hope there would be plenty going on, but at least some were able to look past the problems going on during the hurricane Katrina aftermath and the Rodney King riot and engage in firearms confiscation against people that were only going to be shooting murderers, pillagers, and rapists.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-23-18 at 08:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I've always thought that this wasn't the best idea. I mean, with the exception of a close family member, if you don't already have the sense to be armed, there is a very dubious advantage in arming you. Do you really want to arm people that didn't have the sense to arm themselves, AND learn how to become proficient with their weapons, before the SHTF? Do you really want these people armed, and on YOUR side?
    That's one way to look at. Another would be how some people go through life in a quasi stupor, then get jerked awake by being attacked. While not ideal, some of them turn out to be quick learners.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As to the opening post question on the Mk 18 copy as a preliminary step, that would seem to be a bad idea. Not much you can do with it in the here and now while in the scenario you are insinuating there would likely be some laying around when it wouldn't matter.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    The idea of arming someone while also trying to teach them how to responsibly and proficiently use a firearm in an emergency situation reeks of fantasy, at least within the context of likely disaster scenarios here in the US.
    NOT according to Hollyweird... It's SO easy, even housewives can pick it up in a weekend.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Call me paranoid, but I have been under the impression for years now that if you have ever filled out a 4473, used a CC to purchase firearms, ammo, firearm parts and accessories then you are on a list somewhere.

After 9/11 the FBI created two flyers, one that was only to be disseminated among LE (from their Phoenix Field Office) and the other to surplus stores and FFL's (from their Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force). These flyers were anti-terror "be on the lookout for" type of thing. One would think after such an event as 9/11 we would see this sort of thing from the FBI looking out for jihadists, yeah that's not who they were looking for. At. All.

(Note: "Right Wing Extremists can be ANYONE who supports the Constitution and has ever attended a firearms training class)

Anyone ever make a "bulk purchase" of any of the following items?

• surplus steel ammo cans
    • weather proof match containers
    • MRE's
    • NVD's
    • flashlights
    • gasmasks
    • high capacity mags
    • bi-pods

As for Veterans, remember this from the Obama regime . . .

DHS' Domestic Terror Warning Angers GOP

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-dom...ng-angers-gop/
    Add dive shops to that too, I remember seeing a flyer on one of the technical dive forums:
    Wreck or Cave & Overhead environment
    Scooter/DPV
    Underwater Navigation (required for AOW by PADI, so I'm guessing NAUI makes you do it by brail)
    Rebreathers
    Night diving
    Altitude diving

Al

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Add dive shops to that too, I remember seeing a flyer on one of the technical dive forums:
    Wreck or Cave & Overhead environment
    Scooter/DPV
    Underwater Navigation (required for AOW by PADI, so I'm guessing NAUI makes you do it by brail)
    Rebreathers
    Night diving
    Altitude diving

Al
    Appreciate the info, I hadn't heard they did similar things in dive shops before.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    No natural disaster nor man-made disaster other than war has ever affected the entire continental U.S.

Natural disasters other than volcanos don't cross mountain ranges. If your problem is a volcano, leave. Volcanos don't affect the entire continental U.S.

The rule of law, therefore, will continue to exist and will be back.

Meanwhile, we'll go to wherever the lights are still on, the coffee still hot and credit cards still work. We'll be back when it's all sorted out.
    Last edited by Jammer Six; 10-27-18 at 22:53.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Natural disasters other than volcanos don't cross mountain ranges. If your problem is a volcano, leave. Volcanos don't affect the entire continental U.S.
    When the Yellowstone caldera erupts as it has in our planet's past it will affect the entire globe, the ejecta alone would cause a particulate winter that could last as long as eighty years, an ELE.

Then there are seismic zones like the New Madrid Fault and the Cascadia Subduction Zone that if were to go would redraw the coastlines of CONUS. There are some now open source USN/COG maps floating around the internet that show what the US would look like after one of these.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Yeah. That's what I said. It's never happened.

I'll tell you what, though. If it does, it'll be your problem. Some of us will just die.

Edit: may seem like a flip answer, but it's not. Finite resources need to be spent preparing for events that have a higher chance of actually happening. Better to spend resources reinforcing preps for earthquakes rather than building a spaceship for a last ditch chance at survival on another yet-to-be-discovered planet.

At some point, we die. Better to start there, and work backwards until you arrive at what are reasonable preps for you in your life, situation and prospects.

And we cheat. We're almost certainly older than you are, and that makes a lot of decisions easier. None of our plans, for instance, involve running. Or bicycles. Or walking with any pack that weighs more than about ten pounds. If your situation is different, I would expect you to make different plans.

In the end, though, you should plan on the rule of law returning. If it doesn't, one way or another, we won't be back, either.
    Last edited by Jammer Six; 10-28-18 at 02:19.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast