Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Former President Barack Obama to Speak at University of Illinois.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Former President Barack Obama to Speak at University of Illinois.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...492694981.html

Obama called the times we are living in extraordinary and dangerous times in which politicians on the right have taken advantage of people's simmering economic insecurity.

"Over the past few decades the politics of division and resentment and paranoia has unfortunately found a home in the Republican Party," he said, highlighting its attempts to roll back the social safety net, cut taxes without raising more revenues, rejecting climate change and more.

But Trump is a "symbol, not the cause" of the party's appeals to tribalism and to fear, which wouldn't work in a "healthy democracy," Obama said.

Yet Obama also called out his actions directly, including threatening the freedom of the press and pressuring the Department of Justice to investigate political opponents and protect members of political allies ahead of elections, as Trump has recently done — including during the speech.

"We're supposed to stand up to bullies, not follow them," Obama said. "We're supposed to stand up to discrimination, and we're sure as heck supposed to stand up clearly and unequivocally to Nazi sympathizers. How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?"

The cure for such actions, Obama said, is by making sure to vote in November's midterm elections.

Interesting, the guy weaponized the FBI, the DOJ and lays a minefield for the guy coming in to office behind him and has the nerve.
    I dunno, I think if Bruce Ohr was forced to speak in front of an open meeting and was questioned on his part in the Steele Dossier, Our Former POTUS Barry might be getting some serious heat.

Feedback Score
    A man that ran the federal law enforcement like a 3rd world dictator, has nothing worth hearing. He should be in prison for block investigations into Hezbullah money laundering, ITAR violations, cigarette and stolen cars smuggling. He single handed put $1.5 Billion extra a year into their pockets.

Let me no mention funds going to Muslim Brotherhood and other such groups to foster the so called Arab Spring.

I really should not bring up the money to Iran, and his blocking Israeli actions to end the Mullahs nuke program.

I would rather did up Stalin and let him give a speech.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We had 8 years of his dividing this republic. He needs to shut his divisive mouth and go away, the voters have spoken in 2016.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    He is just trying to get ahead of the bad coming his way !

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    F' that racist commie turd.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe there was a time when ex Presidents had the good grace and ethics not to speak ill of the guy currently in office.
    Once again we lose another good historic president to someone who managed to make Jimmy Carter look like a Statesman and great Leader.

Feedback Score
    Maybe he'll give this speech.

In his own words, Barry Soetoro aka Barrack Hussein Obama- proud to be the first Kenyan to become President of the United States.

Feedback Score
    I wish he and his ilk would just go away. Incredible how he talks about Trump and nothing happened during his 8 years. Please sir, just go away.

Feedback Score
    Economic insecurity?
    No, they were tired of the shitty economy.
    They voted for real change.
    The economy got better.

But please, explain how it was really you that did it... like 3 months after your 8 years of economic tumble weeds.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    He’s trying to rewrite the narrative in fancy words for his myopic audience. Cause actually history and real events and sound reason doesn’t coincide with his tales.
    Last edited by fledge; 09-07-18 at 14:59.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast