Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T APC sights, optics

Feedback Score

B&T APC sights, optics

Has anyone found a good set of iron sights that work for the B&T apc line? I picked up my 16” APC223 on Friday and swapped the trigger for the shooting sight apc trigger, took off the flash hider for the pending arrival of a surefire FH and added the B&T folding skeleton stock.

The folding magpul sights that come with it, are way too tall to get a cheek weld. It shoulders more like a nice over/under than an AR. Which is sweet! Actually, the little plastic notch sights molded into the folded sight are the perfect height. Was thinking that maybe a set of HK416 irons might work well. The drum rear and fixed front would be pretty slick. Or Troy micros for folding. Anyone tried?

I’ve played with an aimpoint Comp M3 in a an old low mount and a Steiner P4xi in a ADM recon SL to see if they work. Both could stand to be lower. If I keep the Steiner for now will probably get separate rings to bring it down to about 1” optical center. Could even go ~.94 like the ARC M10 low.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    maybe CZ scorpion evo iron sights?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Feedback Score
    Not a bad idea. I have a scorpion I can pull them off to try out. I’d love a sig 550 style drum.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    ...took off the flash hider for the pending arrival of a surefire FH...
    I thought B&T patterned their muzzle devices off of Surefire, so much so that they accept Surefire suppressors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wolffie View Post
    Has anyone found a good set of iron sights that work for the B&T apc line? I picked up my 16” APC223 on Friday and swapped the trigger for the shooting sight apc trigger, took off the flash hider for the pending arrival of a surefire FH and added the B&T folding skeleton stock.

The folding magpul sights that come with it, are way too tall to get a cheek weld. It shoulders more like a nice over/under than an AR. Which is sweet! Actually, the little plastic notch sights molded into the folded sight are the perfect height. Was thinking that maybe a set of HK416 irons might work well. The drum rear and fixed front would be pretty slick. Or Troy micros for folding. Anyone tried?

I’ve played with an aimpoint Comp M3 in a an old low mount and a Steiner P4xi in a ADM recon SL to see if they work. Both could stand to be lower. If I keep the Steiner for now will probably get separate rings to bring it down to about 1” optical center. Could even go ~.94 like the ARC M10 low.

Thoughts?
    I'm thinking of buying one too. How many rounds do you have through it? How is disassembly, etc.?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    I thought B&T patterned their muzzle devices off of Surefire, so much so that they accept Surefire suppressors.
    They do. But the muzzle device is one of the 922r options and the B&T version doesn’t have the indexing pin for the Surefire Suppressors. It would fit, but you’d lose the repeatability.

Feedback Score
    If work and weather cooperate I will shoot it for the first time tomorrow. I’ve just been screwing around with it in my workshop comparing it to my 805.

Based on that, the trigger is better, it feels lighter and better balanced. And the stock is amazingly better! The sights have the same problem the CZ does. Too high to get a cheek weld. I put an ACR adapter on the Bren to fix that, and it’s a functional improvement but the coyote stock doesn’t match the gun.

The 16.5” pistol has 15x1 rh threads. A warcomp isn’t an option. So it’s getting the FH.

Tonight I pulled the sights off my scorpion and mounted them on the B&T. It’s pretty close. I could go slightly taller. Troy micros would be in the neighborhood at ~ 1.1” tonthe optical center. I’m trying to find out the height of center on the HK416 rail mounted sights... or even sig 550 diopterts... my 551 has welded sights.

Depending on how it shoots, I will either form 1 it to make it a 308mm rifle (~ 12.1”). Or if I like it enough I’ll leave it title 1 at 16.5” and form 1 the Bren at 11” because I believe that would greatly improve that rifle. Or liquidate the Bren and get another.

Based solely on taking it apart and playing with it. Get one. You won’t regret it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Using the B&T supplied Aimpoint I ended up removing the B&T polymer buis and run none. Not ideal, but neither is raising the Aimpoint.

My ultimate plan is to switch to a low 1.5x ACOG. I'll feel comfortable with this site and no BUIS.

Feedback Score
    The CZ Scorpion sights work pretty good on the APC.

Euro SBR’s
    by TX 556Mav, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    Have you played with the different apertures on the CZ sights? Couldnt find any info in the manual on whether or not they were for different ranges... the local dealer I bought the pistol from is letting me try a set of Troy Micros.

I made it to the range today. And this gun is a great shooter!!!! I shot groups with 55 gr 223, 62 gr Hornady 556 Black, Winchester 855 and IMI 77 grain. It shot everything well!!! It liked the 55gr the least and the Hornady the most. I played with the aimpoint and the Steiner P4xi. This rifle has the accuracy potential that I think either a low powered variable or something fixed like an ACOG would be perfect.

So, the aimpoint is out. The Steiner is too big. Looks unwieldy. But the reticle and the 4x are nice to have. It sits too high in the ADM recon SL Mount. Which places that the height above the rail at 1.1”. I’m going to look at other LPV optics. Maybe a nightforce 1-4? Wouldn’t save weight but would save on size and bulk.

Another thought is an ACOG T33? Or T50? I’ve not used either. Love my TA11. Will find one to play with. I’ve seen mounts that claim an optical axis around .8 - .9”? Will need to do some research.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast