Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Possible Excuse for ATF to Classify an AR Upper as a "Firearm"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    The feds, progs, and gov't stooges are afraid they will be used on THEM, not that we'll use them on each other...
    This. Not aware of banks getting robbed with water cooled machine guns, but those would have been very handy for deleting the causes of the great depression.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    This. Not aware of banks getting robbed with water cooled machine guns, but those would have been very handy for deleting the causes of the great depression.
    Heck, you mail order the predecessor to the Ma Duece, and they were never used by criminals before the GCA.

As nearly as I can tell, there may have been 2 or 3 civilians shot with the .50 BMG cartridge by criminals since it was introduced in 1918. It is big and scary and makes liberals wet themselves, but not really the best thing for any criminal undertaking.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-08-18 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    The reality is there are better rounds than the .50 BMG in 2018.

I don’t understand the concept of making tools illegal when the act of murder is already illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    The reality is there are better rounds than the .50 BMG in 2018.

I don’t understand the concept of making tools illegal when the act of murder is already illegal.

Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Imagine you are setting out to commit some wrong against someone. Do you really want your intended victim to keep you from achieving your goal, perhaps eternally?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Imagine you are setting out to commit some wrong against someone. Do you really want your intended victim to keep you from achieving your goal, perhaps eternally?
    That’s they key right there, but the population outside of government that also supports gun control is what boggles my mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    That’s they key right there, but the population outside of government that also supports gun control is what boggles my mind.

Same thing with them too in most cases. Some may legitimately be passive or afraid of weapons, but that is not the majority. Pay attention to them, from groups on down to individuals. They may want to relieve you of your property, they may want to punch you when stopped at an intersection, or they may want someone in uniform to do it on their behalf. They don't want that fantasy to be derailed by the intended victim putting an end to it.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-08-18 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    I think it's because somebody at the ATF saw that .50 uppers don't feed through the magazine well ... so to them it is a bolt-action rifle.

I could understand them doing this IF single-shot AR lowers were not classified as firearms. There is no reason why they should be, since they are purely trigger-group housings.

Logically they should never have classified AR-type lowers as the firearm. If the firearm was always the part that housed the bolt, no-matter if it utilizes a magazine or not, then that should be the serialized portion.

...But, much like a lie that requires an increasing number of lies to support the first lie, they chose to go down a stupid path and it continues to make things unnecessarily complicated for everyone.

Feedback Score
    If we were starting from scratch, would it really matter which part they declared to be the firearm?

But at this point, the definition is, for all practical purposes, cast in stone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloLarry View Post
    If we were starting from scratch, would it really matter which part they declared to be the firearm?

But at this point, the definition is, for all practical purposes, cast in stone.
    If we were starting from scratched none of it should have been allowed to start in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12