G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a 11.5" pistol

Feedback Score

Talk me out of a 11.5" pistol

I have had one AR for a few years now, it is a 16" lightweight w/ 15" kmr BCM that serves as a training, HD and occasionally hunting rifle. I've had a itch for a SBR for some time and with the addition of the SBA3 to the market, I have been very tempted to putting together 11.5" pistol in 5.56. If this were to happen, I would probably eventually transition the light and Aimpoint pro to the pistol and move it into the HD role then add a lpvo to the 16" gun. I don't see my self adding a suppressor to the 11.5" any time in the next few years. That being said, I've never handled or shot a 11.5" pistol, (with or without a suppressor) and I am concerned the extra noise/concussion and the reduced comfort of the shorter rail would result in it staying it in my safe, while I continue to use my 16" for everything. I've been looking at BCM lightweight uppers and the Sionics uppers as my options so far...

I guess the internal question that I'm considering is a 11.5" pistol a worthy addition knowing it won't get a suppressor any time soon? Should I just spend the cash on ammo?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbo View Post
    I guess the internal question that I'm considering is a 11.5" pistol a worthy addition knowing it won't get a suppressor any time soon?
    Yes but I like 12.5 a lot also, blast is not that bad even with an A2.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 09-07-18 at 14:13.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

Feedback Score
    I cannot talk you out of a 11.5” Pistol... it is going to be loud (even with a suppressor) but I truly enjoy shooting my 11.5”. It packs up nicely for trips or just to run errands...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I guess the internal question that I'm considering is a 11.5" pistol a worthy addition knowing it won't get a suppressor any time soon?
    I'm not a fan of pistols, but as far as 11.5"?? I don't run cans on mine, and I have the cans to put on them. I love the compact size too much to add the length and weight. I am toying with adding a can to my house gun, but I really hate the extra length a lot.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Feedback Score
    I just ran mine suppressed for the first time a few days ago. A2 isnt noticably louder than a 16” when outside.
    Its really nice suppressed. For my use, ballistically 11.5 hits the spot and the sf mini really makes it a pleasure to shoot. Its the same size as a 16” rifle with the silencer on it.

Honestly, id buy a cheap brace to see it you like it, then SBR it if an option.

Mark, try your mini on your house gun- I think you will like it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't run cans on mine, and I have the cans to put on them. I love the compact size too much to add the length and weight. I am toying with adding a can to my house gun, but I really hate the extra length a lot.
    This is great information, and exactly why I think I need one.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I just ran mine suppressed for the first time a few days ago. A2 isnt noticably louder than a 16” when outside.

Honestly, id buy a cheap brace to see it you like it, then SBR it if an option.
    More good information and if I like it as much as I think I will, I probably will SBR it down the road, but I need to put some rounds down range before I go that far.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    but I need to put some rounds down range before I go that far.
    If it's gassed well, you'll love it.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Feedback Score
    57 (100%)
    The 11.5 is the shortest pistol you can have and legally use a vertical foregrip (as long as total firearm uses standard AR parts reaching over 26”). That’s an unmentioned benefit of the size.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    11.5" AR isn't louder for the shooter, but it is for the bystanders (esp with a brake).

I love mine but its an SBR and I suppress with a Saker-K it nearly 100% of the time. It's fun unsuppressed too, but I greatly prefer suppressed.
    - Rhino

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    11.5" AR isn't louder for the shooter, but it is for the bystanders (esp with a brake).

I love mine but its an SBR and I suppress with a Saker-K it nearly 100% of the time. It's fun unsuppressed too, but I greatly prefer suppressed.

As I stated in another thread, i put the sf brake on, and with double ear pro, it didnt hurt my ears, but concussion rattled my brain- a 30rd mag would cause a headache.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast