I have had one AR for a few years now, it is a 16" lightweight w/ 15" kmr BCM that serves as a training, HD and occasionally hunting rifle. I've had a itch for a SBR for some time and with the addition of the SBA3 to the market, I have been very tempted to putting together 11.5" pistol in 5.56. If this were to happen, I would probably eventually transition the light and Aimpoint pro to the pistol and move it into the HD role then add a lpvo to the 16" gun. I don't see my self adding a suppressor to the 11.5" any time in the next few years. That being said, I've never handled or shot a 11.5" pistol, (with or without a suppressor) and I am concerned the extra noise/concussion and the reduced comfort of the shorter rail would result in it staying it in my safe, while I continue to use my 16" for everything. I've been looking at BCM lightweight uppers and the Sionics uppers as my options so far...

I guess the internal question that I'm considering is a 11.5" pistol a worthy addition knowing it won't get a suppressor any time soon? Should I just spend the cash on ammo?